Sales Manager – Systems IntegrationApply Job ID REF1945D Date posted 03/17/2021 Address 50 Beechtree Boulevard, Greenville, SC Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
ITW Hartness is a world class secondary packaging equipment manufacturer headquartered in the beautiful suburbs of Greenville, SC. Founded on the premise of cutting-edge innovation and a relentless commitment to our customers, ITW Hartness’ world class equipment is designed to our customers’ goals of continuous improvement throughout the production process. ITW Hartness is proud to be a Division of Illinois Tool Works (ITW).
Since ITW’s founding more than 100 years ago, ITW has become one of the world’s leading diversified manufacturers of specialized industrial equipment, consumables and related service businesses. ITW businesses serve local customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets. The company has operations in 56 countries that employ more than 50,000 women and men who adhere to the highest ethical standards. ITW has 81 businesses divided into 7 Segments, which includes: Welding, Automotive OEM, Food Equipment Group, Construction Products, Polymers & Fluids, Test and Measurement & Electronics, and Specialty.
Take this opportunity to join a successful and enthusiastic global team where you can make a significant impact immediately. You will enjoy a competitive salary and generous benefits that includes health, dental, life and LTD insurance, 401k (with match), and a 100% tuition reimbursement program for those who qualify.
As a key member of the Sales Leadership Team, the Sales Manager, Systems Integration reports to the Director, Global Sales and is responsible for all technical sales activities required to achieve revenue, margin, growth, and innovation goals for Systems Integration sales in North America. Working in conjunction with the Key Account Management Team, this person is charged with the development and execution of technical sales strategies to grow existing product line revenue in alignment with long range planning goals.
This position can be managed out of a home-based regional sales office within reasonable distance from a major airport.
- Act as the lead commercial role for large (1M+) System Integration projects while coordinating a cross-functional team-based sales strategy for targeted strategic opportunities.
- Lead the application evaluation, acquisition of technical data required for quoting, client facing technical sales activities, product line sales collateral, monetized value proposition and revenue goals for the System Integration business.
- Develop, quantify, and train/mentor the key account management team on the technical value proposition and key differentiation for the Systems Integration business to best position the organization to win in the market and achieve annual & long-range revenue goals.
- Partner with the Director of Strategic Marketing, Product Managers, & Key Account Managers to develop product based, sub-market specific sales collateral toolkits to support revenue goals.
- Develop and implement data based, monetized value proposition & sales tools (refined efficiency calculators) for the Systems product lines to increase differentiation and drive revenue growth.
- Act as the sales department lead for profit profile & proposal reviews with engineering to ensure proposed solutions meet the technical project requirements in line with required profit margins.
- Lead client facing specification reviews and promotion of ITW Hartness standards.
- Review the Systems Integration opportunity pipeline on a regular basis and develop forecasting for the Systems product lines with the Sales Manager, North America prior to submittal to the Director of Global Sales per the financial review schedule.
- Qualify and prioritize key project opportunities that represent a favorable product/margin mix. Drive commercial strategy, project deliverables and build presentations to support differentiation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Engineering preferred, will consider related experience in lieu of a degree.
- 10+ years proven commercial systems quoting and selling experience in negotiating and closing multi-million-dollar projects inclusive of financial due diligence, terms and conditions and purchase contracts within company guidelines.
- Leadership and management abilities to effectively coach, mentor, and influence others; including the ability to effectively influence outcomes, close business, and build strong customer relationships.
- Excellent understanding of market dynamics and packaging trends in the beverage, food, personal and household care industries.
- Ability to be flexible and effectively communicate with remote based employees.
- Demonstrated ability to produce results within a team environment and to gain alignment and develop productive working relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Individual must be able to meet the sales expectations as set forth by the organization to drive growth and personal success.
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to work extended / flexible hours and domestic travel (50-75% Required) to properly interface with your client base and build growth-oriented relationships.
- 5+ years experience in secondary packaging
- Auto-CAD proficiency
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.