Sales Manager, North AmericaApply Job ID REF3280O Date posted 08/13/2021 Address 50 Beechtree Boulevard, Greenville, SC Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
ITW Hartness is a world class secondary packaging equipment manufacturer headquartered in the beautiful suburbs of Greenville, SC. Founded on the premise of cutting-edge innovation and a relentless commitment to our customers, ITW Hartness’ world class equipment is designed to our customers’ goals of continuous improvement throughout the production process. ITW Hartness is proud to be a Division of Illinois Tool Works (ITW).
Since ITW’s founding more than 100 years ago, ITW has become one of the world’s leading diversified manufacturers of specialized industrial equipment, consumables and related service businesses. ITW businesses serve local customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets. The company has operations in 56 countries that employ more than 50,000 women and men who adhere to the highest ethical standards. ITW has 81 businesses divided into 7 Segments, which includes: Welding, Automotive OEM, Food Equipment Group, Construction Products, Polymers & Fluids, Test and Measurement & Electronics, and Specialty.
Take this opportunity to join a successful and enthusiastic global team where you can make a significant impact immediately. You will enjoy a competitive salary and generous benefits that includes health, dental, life and LTD insurance, 401k (with match), and a 100% tuition reimbursement program for those who qualify.
As a key member of the sales leadership team, the Sales Manager, North America reports to the Director of Global Sales and is responsible for the direction and management of all sales and business development activities required to achieve revenue, margin and market share goals for the Key Account Management Team. Working in conjunction with the Director of Global Sales and the Director of Strategic Marketing, this person is charged with the development and execution of sales strategies to grow existing accounts and develop identified strategic key accounts and sub-markets in the Beverage, Food, Personal and Household Care Markets. This position is responsible for all customer-based sales activity via managing a team of Key Account Managers focused on established, targeted strategic sub markets. The Sales Manager, North America position is directly responsible for the revenue, talent management, and overall effectiveness of the North America based Key Account Management Team.
Given the travel requirements for this role, qualified candidates may be based anywhere in the US. However, the ideal candidate will be based at our headquarters in Greenville, SC.
- Leadership, development, and accountability for a field based key account management team to efficiently manage customer relationships and execute sales activities in support of revenue goals and margin targets.
- Develop, quantify, and train the Key Account Management team on the ITW Hartness value proposition and key differentiation across product lines in effort to best position the team to win in the market place and achieve annual and long-range revenue goals.
- Foster a culture of engagement, cascading vision, and goal alignment as One ITW Hartness.
- Create and implement strategies for target selling and core market expansion in targeted sub-segments that will drive accelerated growth goals.
- Partner with the Director of Global Sales to develop and execute Annual and Long-Range Plans based on in-depth understanding of market segmentation, technology trends, customer needs & pain points, and competitive position.
- Monitor customer, market, and competitor activities to identify opportunities to refine sales tactics and strategies; including partner with the Director of Strategic Marketing to identify market trends and growth opportunities.
- Annual evaluation of existing product line revenue, sub-market growth rates and industry trends with development of an actionable growth strategy based on key targeted products & sub segments in the Beverage, Food, Personal & Household Care Markets.
- Lead role in development of commercial strategy, pricing strategy, customer presentations and negotiations (pricing, performance, terms & conditions) for key opportunities.
- Execution of identified sales department deliverables related to the customer back innovation process to ensure that required new product development initiatives are achieved in alignment with organic growth goals.
- Comprehension and practical execution of the ITW tool box related to sales activity. Specific process related to sales include 80/20 quad analysis, target selling, core market expansion, innovation, differentiation and monetized value selling.
- Drive 100% adoption of existing CRM platform for all key commercial activity inclusive of schedule management, opportunity management, forecasting, account management, lost order and trade show campaign activity.
- Drive 100% adoption of divisional strategic selling process
- Consistent review and communication of sales metric reports related to sales activity, travel, expenses and performance vs plan with direct reports.
- Execution of bi-annual business reviews for the key account management group with the senior leadership team.
- Drive enterprise strategy and continuous improvement culture throughout the key account management team by using “80/20” tools to simplify processes and meet annual targets.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or Engineering preferred, will consider significant related experience in lieu of degree.
- 10+ years of a successful track record of progressive technical sales experience with targeted selling, setting strategic direction and key account management, with a minimum of 5+ years in a leadership role.
- Demonstrated ability to develop talent through coaching and mentoring to motivate others to excel.
- Demonstrated track record of strategic thinking leveraging market dynamics to drive sales results and market share improvement in a value-based selling environment.
- Proven ability to properly qualify a commercial opportunity and develop commercial strategy based upon internal and external dynamics.
- 60% travel required to ensure that required levels of client facing activity are achieved.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills with experience in communicating, developing, and working with a remote staff.
- Proven experience in negotiating and closing multi-million dollar projects inclusive of financial due diligence, terms and conditions and purchase contracts within company guidelines.
- Proven experience with CRM management related to detailed opportunity, forecasting and outlook for sales responsibility.
- Strategic thinking with ability to accelerate and influence change.
- Strong change management skill set and ability to lead through business cycles.
- MBA and/or Advanced degree
- Experience with equipment & integrated systems
- Excellent understanding of market dynamics and packaging trends in the Beverage, Food, Personal & Household Care markets in North America.
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.