R&D TechnicianApply Job ID REF3519C Date posted 09/10/2021 Address 50 Beechtree Boulevard, Greenville, SC Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
ITW Hartness is a world class secondary packaging equipment manufacturer headquartered in the beautiful suburbs of Greenville, SC. Founded on the premise of cutting-edge innovation and a relentless commitment to our customers, ITW Hartness’ world class equipment is designed to our customers’ goals of continuous improvement throughout the production process.
You will enjoy a competitive salary and generous benefits that includes health, dental, life and LTD insurance, 401k (with match), and other great benefit programs. ITW Hartness is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
ITW Hartness is a division of Illinois Tool Works Inc. (ITW), a Fortune 200 global multi-industrial manufacturing leader with revenues totaling $14.8 billion in 2018. The company’s seven industry-leading segments leverage the unique ITW Business Model to drive solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. ITW has more than 50,000 dedicated colleagues in operations around the world (57 countries) who thrive in the company’s unique, decentralized and entrepreneurial culture. To learn more about ITW, visit www.itw.com.
R&D Technician Duties
ITW Hartness is looking for an individual to work in our R&D Prototype shop who has a background in machining and assembly. The R&D Technician will need to run a mill, lathe, saw, grinder, and drill press to meet prototype shop or production requirements for parts needed daily. This individual will build, test, and troubleshoot prototype machinery. They may also assist with field service support and interface with customers as needed.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Diagnose and troubleshoot packaging equipment
- Work closely with the R&D engineering team
- Design, fabricate, build, and evaluate prototype projects and test fixtures
- Assist with Field Service
- QDR manufacturing support
- Machine production parts as needed
- Other duties as assigned
What we are looking for:
- Ability to work well within a team environment to produce quality materials for our production and manufacturing teams
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills
- Proven understanding of shop/equipment safety rules
- Strong mechanical and pneumatic knowledge
- Strong understanding of PLC and electrical hardware
- Previous experience with troubleshooting and repairing Hartness (or similar) equipment
- Strong understanding of technical drawings, electrical symbols, and electrical schematics
- Very strong mechanical and electrical troubleshooting skills
- Critical thinking skills to diagnose problems and repair issues in an effective manner – ability to find the root cause of issues as well as think logically about solutions
- Aptitude with machine diagnostics, functionality, and equipment testing
- Able to generate organized notes for multiple projects
- Multitasking capability with ability to identify and execute priority tasks
- Physical ability to regularly lift 35 lbs., bend and twist, stand and/or walk for an entire 10 – 12-hour shift.
- Able to work overtime or travel with short notice
- Able to demonstrate flexibility, sense of urgency, attention to detail, project management ability, and professionalism
- 10 Years of experience building and troubleshooting packaging equipment, electrical / mechanical
- Machine shop experience to include fabricating and prototype design and setups for testing
- Experience interpreting line layouts using measuring tools
- Experience working in manufacturing environment
- Experience with Mig & Tig welding
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.