Mechanical TechnicianApply Job ID REF1752A Date posted 04/05/2021 Address 50 Beechtree Boulevard, Greenville, SC Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
ITW Hartness is a world class secondary packaging equipment manufacturer headquartered in the beautiful suburbs of Greenville, SC. Founded on the premise of cutting-edge innovation and a relentless commitment to our customers, ITW Hartness’ world class equipment is designed to our customers’ goals of continuous improvement throughout the production process. ITW Hartness is proud to be a Division of Illinois Tool Works (ITW).
Since ITW’s founding more than 100 years ago, ITW has become one of the world’s leading diversified manufacturers of specialized industrial equipment, consumables and related service businesses. ITW businesses serve local customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets. The company has operations in 56 countries that employ more than 50,000 women and men who adhere to the highest ethical standards. ITW has 81 businesses divided into 7 Segments, which includes: Welding, Automotive OEM, Food Equipment Group, Construction Products, Polymers & Fluids, Test and Measurement & Electronics, and Specialty.
Take this opportunity to join a successful and enthusiastic global team where you can make a significant impact immediately. You will enjoy a competitive salary and generous benefits that includes health, dental, life and LTD insurance, 401k (with match), and a 100% tuition reimbursement program for those who qualify.
ITW Hartness is looking for a Mechanical Technician with strong ability to assemble, read blue prints, use mechanical skills, and use basic hand tools in a production environment. You will need to work safely in a fast pace team environment and meet the production schedule while producing quality work.
What we are looking for:
- You must be able to understand equipment assembly functions
- Must be able to read and utilize calipers and a multimeter
- Understanding of basic electricity and cable sizes
- Must be able to read and understand blue prints, electrical symbols, and electrical schematics
- Understand the inner working of pneumatic values
- Ability to troubleshoot and find the root cause of issues as well as think logically about solutions
- Aptitude with machine diagnostics, functionality, and equipment testing
- Critical thinking skills to diagnose problems and repair issues in an effective manner
- Multitasking capability with ability to identify and execute priority tasks
- Ability to utilize an array of electrical tooling; such as, strippers, crimpers, and terminal torque wrenches
- Ability to travel 10-15% to Customer Sites as required
Education and Experiences:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1-3 Years of Mechanical Experience
- Electrical Experience preferred
- The ability to stand or walk for 8-10 hrs a day
- Capable of lifting 35 lbs.
- Capable of bending, twisting, crouching, or kneeling
- Overtime may be required with short notice. Some weekend work may be required
- Capable of sitting in a car or plane for a certain amount of time
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.