Mechanical EngineerApply Job ID REF2444N Date posted 05/07/2021 Address 50 Beechtree Boulevard, Greenville, SC Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
ITW Hartness is a world class secondary packaging equipment manufacturer headquartered in the beautiful suburbs of Greenville, SC. Founded on the premise of cutting-edge innovation and a relentless commitment to our customers, ITW Hartness’ world class equipment is designed to our customers’ goals of continuous improvement throughout the production process. ITW Hartness is proud to be a Division of Illinois Tool Works (ITW).
Since ITW’s founding more than 100 years ago, ITW has become one of the world’s leading diversified manufacturers of specialized industrial equipment, consumables and related service businesses. ITW businesses serve local customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets. The company has operations in 56 countries that employ more than 50,000 women and men who adhere to the highest ethical standards. ITW has 81 businesses divided into 7 Segments, which includes: Welding, Automotive OEM, Food Equipment Group, Construction Products, Polymers & Fluids, Test and Measurement & Electronics, and Specialty.
Take this opportunity to join a successful and enthusiastic global team where you can make a significant impact immediately. You will enjoy a competitive salary and generous benefits that includes health, dental, life and LTD insurance, 401k (with match), and a 100% tuition reimbursement program for those who qualify.
As a key member of the Mechanical Engineering team, the Mechanical Engineer 1 reports to the Engineering Manager and is responsible for analyzing, designing, maintaining, improving, and releasing world class machinery. Collaborating with other team-members, the Mechanical Engineer 1 will learn ITW Hartness equipment and related design standards; innovate methods of adapting those standards those to customer specifications; optimize strategies based on the ITW 80/20 philosophy. The engineer will be responsible for coordinating with other engineers, customers, and project managers to ensure accurate equipment releases.
The position will be based at our headquarters in Greenville, South Carolina.
- Assist in the design, manufacture, assembly, and/or evaluation of mechanical and electro-mechanical devices, machinery, and systems.
- Provide engineering support in design activities and/or modification of mechanical systems and assemblies.
- Observe and learn market/customer drivers.
- Assist in the evaluation of mechanical products and related configurations to determine their cost-effectiveness, efficiency and reliability.
- Participate in engineering studies as assigned and analyze data/results with readily available guidance and review of work.
- Participate in ITW 80/20 business process initiatives and derive critical information from available data
- Learn key software (design creation/publishing/storage)
- Other duties as assigned.
- Team player with positive attitude who is willing and able to learn from and collaborate with others while teaching and mentoring less experienced team-members.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- At least 3 internship/co-op rotations in a relevant field or 2 years of work experience
- Product design and development experience using 3D modeling and drafting.
- Analytical and conceptual skills with a mechanical aptitude.
- Familiarity with mechanical engineering drawings and bill of materials (BOM).
- Ability to design and model parts and assemblies given basic conceptual information.
- Ability to interact with engineering and manufacturing personnel and be an effective team member.
- Ability to define a problem, determine root cause, and develop corrective action plan.
- Ability to communicate effectively and organize own work.
- Hands-on experience with products/machinery/equipment
- Experience in Robotics, machine design, and/or material handling systems
- Experience with Solidworks.
- Analysis software experience: Ansys, Solidworks Simulation, Solidworks Flow, STAAD, FloMaster, Power BI/Tableau.
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.