Mechanical EngineerApply Job ID REF1703A Date posted 04/05/2021 Address 50 Beechtree Boulevard, Greenville, SC Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
ITW Hartness is a world class secondary packaging equipment manufacturer headquartered in the beautiful suburbs of Greenville, SC. Founded on the premise of cutting-edge innovation and a relentless commitment to our customers, ITW Hartness’ world class equipment is designed to our customers’ goals of continuous improvement throughout the production process. ITW Hartness is proud to be a Division of Illinois Tool Works (ITW).
Since ITW’s founding more than 100 years ago, ITW has become one of the world’s leading diversified manufacturers of specialized industrial equipment, consumables and related service businesses. ITW businesses serve local customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets. The company has operations in 56 countries that employ more than 50,000 women and men who adhere to the highest ethical standards. ITW has 81 businesses divided into 7 Segments, which includes: Welding, Automotive OEM, Food Equipment Group, Construction Products, Polymers & Fluids, Test and Measurement & Electronics, and Specialty.
Take this opportunity to join a successful and enthusiastic global team where you can make a significant impact immediately. You will enjoy a competitive salary and generous benefits that includes health, dental, life and LTD insurance, 401k (with match), and a 100% tuition reimbursement program for those who qualify.
As a key member of the Mechanical Engineering team, the Mechanical Engineer 2 reports to the Engineering Manager and is responsible for analyzing, designing, maintaining, improving, and releasing world class machinery. Collaborating with other team-members, the Mechanical Engineer 2 will implement our equipment, design standards, and related improvement projects in line with customer specifications and the ITW 80/20 philosophy. The Mechanical Engineer 2 will be responsible for coordinating with our other engineers and project managers to ensure accurate machine releases and support aftermarket equipment as required.
- The position will be based at our headquarters in Greenville, South Carolina.
- Perform the design, analysis, and/or evaluation of advanced mechanical and electro-mechanical systems with minimal supervision.
- Create and maintain accurate bills of materials in ERP system.
- Manage change control of components and bills of materials.
- Partner with manufacturing and suppliers to develop solutions for meeting cost targets for projects.
- Conduct engineering studies and partner with operations, services, and customers to diagnose problems, apply root cause analysis, determine cost-effectiveness, efficiency and reliability.
- Identify opportunities and use market/customer observations/feedback to drive consistency across product line design activities and processes to improve efficiency, quality, and cost.
- Provide technical support for less experienced engineering team members.
- Apply the ITW 80/20 business processes (or equivalent for external candidate), draw conclusions using critical information from available data, and lead projects where applicable.
- Demonstrate proficiency in key software (design creation/publishing/storage).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Team player with positive attitude who is willing and able to learn from and collaborate with others while teaching and mentoring less experienced team-members.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering (or related field) or 5-years of additional experience in-lieu of degree.
- 5+ years of experience in design engineering working within a cross functional engineering team in the fields of machine design, conveyor or material handling equipment design, and/or robotic system design.
- Proficient in producing mechanical designs utilizing 3D CAD software.
- Proven ability to drive collaborative efforts and deliver results within a team environment.
- Experience designing advanced parts and assemblies and with proven ability to drive continuous improvement efforts.
- Proficient in producing and maintaining models, drawings, bills of material, and/or instructions.
- Ability to complete advanced design projects with minimal supervision.
- Collaborative mindset and able to interact effectively with engineering and manufacturing personnel and actively and constructively participates and drives effective teams.
- Demonstrated ability to provide engineering support in design activities and ensure that products meet organization and industry standards.
- Analytical, detailed oriented with ability to manage time and tasks appropriately.
- Excellent time management, organizational, communication, and project management skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Willing to travel when necessary.
- Hands-on experience with products and/or equipment
- 3D modeling software experience: Solidworks
- 2D modeling software experience: AutoCAD
- Analysis software experience: Ansys, Solidworks Simulation, Solidworks Flow, STAAD, Power BI/Tableau.
- Experience performing statistical analysis and/or interpreting statistical analysis results and using those results to drive decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and solve real-world engineering design problems in a work environment via hand-calculations and/or software (FEA, CFD, 1D Fluid Flow, Structural, etc.).
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.