Electrical Engineer InternshipApply Job ID REF3680Q Date posted 09/17/2021 Address 50 Beechtree Boulevard, Greenville, SC Job Type Intern Job Status Non-Exempt
ITW Hartness is a world class secondary packaging equipment manufacturer headquartered in the beautiful suburbs of Greenville, SC. Founded on the premise of cutting-edge innovation and a relentless commitment to our customers, ITW Hartness’ world class equipment is designed to our customers’ goals of continuous improvement throughout the production process.
Take this opportunity to join a successful and enthusiastic global team where you can make a significant impact immediately. You will enjoy a competitive salary and generous benefits that includes health, dental, life and LTD insurance, 401k (with match), and a 100% tuition reimbursement program for those who qualify.
Since ITW’s founding more than 100 years ago, ITW has become one of the world’s leading diversified manufacturers of specialized industrial equipment, consumables and related service businesses. ITW businesses serve local customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets. The company has operations in 56 countries that employ more than 50,000 women and men who adhere to the highest ethical standards. ITW has 81 businesses divided into 7 Segments, which includes: Welding, Automotive OEM, Food Equipment Group, Construction Products, Polymers & Fluids, Test and Measurement & Electronics, and Specialty.
ITW Hartness is looking for a Summer 2022 Electrical Engineering Intern. The Electrical Engineering Intern position is for candidates interested in developing their skill set in industrial electrical design for PLC based machinery. The position involves the use of CAD to design and layout panels according to the NEC guidelines, arranging input/output (I/O) diagrams, machine electrical layout diagrams, and other developments as required related to the position. The person in this role will work as part of an overall design team to specify electrical requirements and components for the operation of machine centers or systems.
ITW Hartness is proud to offer a robust summer internship program. While an intern here, you will have the opportunity to visit customer sites to see our product in action, while also networking with other departments and company leadership. You will also have the opportunity to meet interns from other divisions and tour other ITW businesses. Apply today to be a part of the ITW Intern Experience!
This position will be based at our headquarters in Greenville, South Carolina.
What you will do:
- You will design control panels utilizing CAD
- You will create electrical schematics for PLC machinery
- You will learn NEC (National Electrical Code) and UL design requirements.
- You will help develop bill of materials for control panels and machine electricals
- You will help develop electrical engineering standard tools
- You will correctly select and apply control components
- You will develop and maintain schedules and track works in progress
- You will communicate shared files, spreadsheet lists, and document files
- Enthusiastic and inquisitive candidates.
- Electrical or Mechatronics education path preferred.
- Ability to work as part of a team toward common goals
- Prior Autocad/CAD experience is a plus, but not required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work within a team environment to meet organization goals and accomplish tasks.
- Proficient with common Microsoft office suite programs, such as, Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.