Accounting SupervisorApply Job ID REF9721I Date posted 03/09/2023 Address 50 Beechtree Boulevard, Greenville, SC Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
ITW Hartness is a world class secondary packaging equipment manufacturer headquartered in the beautiful suburbs of Greenville, SC. Founded on the premise of cutting-edge innovation and a relentless commitment to our customers, ITW Hartness’ world class equipment is designed to our customers’ goals of continuous improvement throughout the production process. ITW Hartness is proud to be a Division of Illinois Tool Works (ITW).
Since ITW’s founding more than 100 years ago, ITW has become one of the world’s leading diversified manufacturers of specialized industrial equipment, consumables and related service businesses. ITW businesses serve local customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets. The company has operations in 56 countries that employ more than 50,000 women and men who adhere to the highest ethical standards. ITW has 81 businesses divided into 7 Segments, which includes: Welding, Automotive OEM, Food Equipment Group, Construction Products, Polymers & Fluids, Test and Measurement & Electronics, and Specialty.
Take this opportunity to join a successful and enthusiastic global team where you can make a significant impact immediately. You will enjoy a competitive salary and generous benefits that includes health, dental, life and LTD insurance, 401k (with match), and a 100% tuition reimbursement program for those who qualify.
As a key member of the ITW Hartness Finance Team, the Accounting Supervisor reports to the Plant Controller and is responsible for the overall processes of ensuring accounts payable, credit management, invoicing, accounts receivable, cash collection and reporting are processed accurately and efficiently while also leading efforts to simplify and improve these processes. This team member will lead a mid-size team of accounting specialists in these functions while also taking the lead in coordinating and collaborating with colleagues across functional areas regarding proper revenue recognition, forecasting, internal control, and internal/external audits.
- Provide hands-on leadership and support in the performance of Accounts Payable and Receivable functions, including vendor payments, customer invoicing, cash application, collections, account reconciliations, and corporate travel credit card and purchasing card administration.
- Perform credit analysis on new customers and credit monitoring on existing customers to minimize receivable credit risk.
- Responsibility for General Ledger functions within area of responsibility, including preparing and posting journal entries, preparing, and reviewing monthly account reconciliations, ensuring adequate controls, and supporting financial reporting analysis, as needed.
- Administer the calculation and payout of monthly commissions to sales personnel.
Leadership and Talent Development
- Lead and develop a team of 4 accounting specialists with a focus on accurate and timely financial reporting and simplification of business processes.
- Identify, lead, and develop talent to maximize individual, team, and organizational effectiveness.
- Facilitate and manage employee goal setting and performance reviews to support the achievement of company goals.
Operations and Finance Support
- Apply ITW principles (80/20, Simplification, Segmentation) to eliminate complexity and improve the profitability of the company.
- Build cross-department credibility, confidence, and collaboration with other functional areas.
- Support financial reporting and business forecasting by managing revenue recognition timing and values for all equipment.
- Support the implementation of a new ERP system (Microsoft Dynamics 365)
- Propose and Implement process improvements where appropriate to achieve greater efficiency and financial reporting accuracy.
- BS/BA degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA or MBA a plus, not required
- 5+ years of progressive general ledger/financial accounting experience
- Prior supervisory experience preferred
- Experience with Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and General Ledger accounting
- Familiarity with Revenue Recognition in a manufacturing accounting setting preferred
- Cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment a plus
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated ability to develop and maintain productive working relationships within the finance team and across the organization
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills
- Positive attitude and team player mentality
- Strong attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Highest level of integrity and honesty in line with ITW Hartness values
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with the ability to learn new software quickly
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.