Quality TechnicianApply Job ID REF4192Q Date posted 11/05/2021 Address 2820 South Great Southwest Parkway, Grand Prairie, TX Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
Alpine, an ITW company, is a leading provider of building component software, equipment, and the industry’s best service to truss manufacturers. Partnering with our customers, we help to improve their businesses and make them more productive. We are also a leader in delivering software solutions to homebuilders to increase productivity and profitability.
ITW offers its employees a path for advancement, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package designed to help employees care for themselves, their families, and their futures.
The Quality Technician is responsible for testing and inspecting products at various stages of production process and compiles and evaluates statistical data to determine and maintain quality and reliability of products.
- Accurately inspect incoming raw materials
- Inspect and audit all components and all stages of the manufacturing process
- Carry out product tests and thorough independent final inspection of finished assemblies to defined procedures, formally reporting all defects (Hardware and Software).
- Responsible for checking, progressing, and collating accurate build and inspection records
- Investigate any quality issues to identify root cause and implement appropriate corrective actions. Ability to resolve quality issues with the use of problem-solving tools (5-Why, Fishbone, 8-D, etc.)
- Support regular inspection meetings with representatives from appropriate departments to establish an action plan for improving build quality
- Conduct data analysis on finished products to recommend equipment improvement opportunities
- Maintain the calibration system, ensuring all equipment is correctly calibrated
- Ensure compliance and assist with adherence to the Quality Management system
- Ensure all incidents of non-conformance are recorded
- Ability to document and relay non-conformance information to purchasing and vendors
- Carry out internal / external product and supplier audits
- Contribute to continuous improvement activities
- Creation, maintenance, and improvement of product work instructions
- High school diploma or equivalent and two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications Word and Excel (Intermediate / Advanced in Excel).
- 2+ years of experience with: mechanical, electrical, electronic, computer, motion control systems, firmware, software, and related components and systems preferred
- Familiar with manufacturing processes
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, engineering diagrams/blueprints, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to use basic machine shop equipment, hand tools, forklift, crane and material handling equipment.
- Ability to use measuring tools (calipers, micrometers, height and depth gauges).
- Ability to solve practical problems, improve processes, and act independently in a fast-paced environment with a variety of variables in situations with limited standardization.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram form, collect/analyze data and prepare findings.
- Must be able to work overtime as required to meet production's needs as well as flexibility to work around scheduled production hours.
- Must have a high level of safety awareness and maintain a record of good safety habits.
ITW is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes. To be considered an applicant, please apply online to a specific job posting.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please click here for information on how to contact us directly.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.