Mechanical AssemblerApply Job ID REF1159Q Date posted 04/05/2021 Address 2820 Great Southwest Parkway, Grand Prairie, TX Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
Alpine, an ITW company, is a leading provider of building component software, equipment, and the industry’s best service to truss manufacturers. Partnering with our customers, we help to improve their businesses and make them more productive. We are also a leader in delivering software solutions to homebuilders to increase productivity and profitability.
ITW offers its employees a path for advancement, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package designed to help employees care for themselves, their families, and their futures.
Due to growth within our business, we have the need to add 3 mechanical assemblers to our Grand Prairie, Texas location! It's an exciting time to be part of our team.
- Produces quality product by assembling equipment sub-assemblies, modules and top level machine systems, setting-up equipment in accordance with engineering specifications and procedures, making adjustments, and measuring to exacting tolerances.
- Verify conformance of parts to stock list and blueprints.
- Lay out hole locations and drills and taps holes on parts for assembly.
- Verify alignment and tolerances of moving parts.
- Test operation of assembly manually or with powered controls.
- Assemble, set-up and operate machine to verify functioning, machine capabilities, and conformance to specifications with wrenches, tools, calipers and gauges to accomplish task at each level.
- Operates lathe and other metalworking machines to manufacture and/or repair parts as needed.
- Perform quality control inspections on all parts and components manufactured, including comparing the finished parts to blueprint requirements.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with safety processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent and two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to use basic machine shop equipment, hand tools, forklift, crane and material handling equipment.
- Ability to use measuring tools (calipers, micrometers, height and depth gauges).
- Ability to solve practical problems and act independently in a fast-paced environment with a variety of variables in situations with limited standardization. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram form, collect/analyze data and prepare findings.
- Must be able to work overtime as required to meet production's needs as well as flexibility to work around scheduled production hours.
- Must have a high level of safety awareness and maintain a record of good safety habits.
Working Conditions/Physical demands:
- Non-climate controlled environment
- Standing and walking required
- Lifting up to 50 lbs at times is required
- Bending, twisting, turning and using hands is required.
ITW is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes. To be considered an applicant, please apply online to a specific job posting.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please click here for information on how to contact us directly.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.