Specialty Group Supply Chain DirectorApply Job ID REF2773X Date posted 06/14/2021 Address 155 Harlem Avenue, Glenview, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
ITW (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 200 global multi-industrial manufacturing leader with revenues totaling $14.1 billion in 2019. The company’s seven industry-leading segments leverage the unique ITW Business Model to drive solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. ITW’s approximately 45,000 dedicated colleagues around the world thrive in the company’s decentralized and entrepreneurial culture. www.itw.com.
ITW Global Appliance serves all the major Appliance OEM in the US, Europe, Asia, Mexico and Brazil and their tier suppliers. This global division manufactures mechanical, electromechanical and electronic components and assemblies with a variety of manufacturing processes including injection molding, stamping, automated and manual assembly. We have units in the US, China, Mexico, UK, Slovenia, Bulgaria & Italy.
The division drives profitability by leveraging its innovative solutions and application engineering. In addition to ITW's industry leading research and development capabilities, ITW Global Appliance enhances our customers' competitive advantage by:
• Maintaining advanced global engineering and manufacturing facilities.
• Identifying customer needs to provide continued innovative added value solutions.
• Continually improving processes, material and designs to ensure every solution exceeds customer expectations while providing unparalleled value.
The Group Supply Chain Director is responsible for the development and execution of the segment Supply Chain strategy. Reporting directly to the EVP and with a dotted line to VP Strategic Sourcing, the incumbent will enhance overall segment performance by supporting supply chain operations to accomplish divisional business objectives including the effective management of approximately $.7 Bn in global spend. In addition, the incumbent will serve as a member of the segment and corporate sourcing leadership teams. The incumber will lead a team of 2 category leaders and serve 13 divisions based in North America, Europe, and other regions.
· Develops and implement segment supply chain and strategic sourcing strategies to harness economies of scale, drive economic value, manage supply chain risk, and enable business growth.
· Supports development/execution of division/ business unit supply chain & sourcing strategy (LRP/AP/Q1 Review).
· Provides leadership and direction to local management team and operations team on supply chain /commercial/ sourcing / supplier issues.
· Contributes effectively to improve divisional operating performance with quality, cost, and service metrics, and collaborating with operations, quality, customer service, and sales departments to maintain the consistency of supply and demand objectives.
· Identifies connections in data and trends and quickly assimilate external information (e.g. market drivers, macroeconomic conditions, etc.) to anticipate its impact across multiple platforms.
· Leverages supplier management/ category management/ total cost principles to manage the supplier selection process and encourage productive relationships with appropriate suppliers that drive meaningful value to the organization.
· Leads complex and critical negotiations utilizing extensive professional knowledge and experience of principles and techniques of negotiation in the purchasing cycle.
· Develops and integrates best practices across the segment, ensuring the best use of effective supply chain tools, techniques and processes.
· Coaches, mentors, and develops sourcing talent within the segment. Collaborates with other segment and corporate leaders to enable robust career paths. Builds a diverse, high performing supply chain/ sourcing organization.
· Builds and leverages relationships and networks across the organization. Uses personal influence skills rather than position power to persuade others and gain support.
· Minimum of 10 – 15+ years of broad sourcing leadership experience in a manufacturing organization of high value/engineered products, across a large multi-location, global business.
· Strong track record of driving operational improvements (design and build) to support the business strategy.
· Managed at least $500M + in annualized spend in direct material.
· Demonstrated experience influencing senior executives.
· Proven results in managing and developing talent.
Bachelor’s degree. Master’s degree & CPM/CPIM certifications preferred
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.