Service Desk Analyst Intern, Summer 2022Apply Job ID REF3665Y Date posted 09/15/2021 Address 155 Harlem Avenue, Glenview, IL Job Type Intern Job Status Non-Exempt
Since its founding more than 100 years ago, ITW has become one of the world’s leading diversified manufacturers of specialized industrial equipment, consumables, and related service businesses. We place a high premium on the development of innovative solutions–most of which are developed in tandem with our customers. And we continue to ensure that our customers receive timely, cost-effective service for the innovative products we provide.
ITW’s differentiated business model is composed of a set of unique core capabilities: our proprietary 80/20 business process, customer-back innovation, and our well-known decentralized entrepreneurial culture. These capabilities are unmistakably ITW—and key to our longevity and strong performance.
ITW’s products and solutions are at work all over the world, in deep-sea oil rigs, aerospace technology, bridges and wind turbines, healthcare, the spaces in which we live and work, the cars we drive, and the mobile devices we rely on. We are never, whether we know it or not, more than a few steps from an innovative ITW solution.
Some ITW Divisions and Products you may have heard of:
- Hi-Cone: Packaging systems for beer and soft drinks
- ITW Deltar: Capless refueling system, which created a new standard in auto manufacturing.
- Rain-X: Windshield Wipers, Glass Cleaners, Car Washes, etc.
Today, ITW (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 200 company that employs nearly 50,000 people with operations in 55 countries with headquarters in Glenview, IL. We are conveniently located across from the Metra commuter rail, with access to an on-site gym, café and active employee resource groups.
Internship Program Overview:
ITW’s paid internship program provides unparalleled access to challenging opportunities in high-growth, dynamic industries. Interns are encouraged to think and act like entrepreneurs and are provided significant responsibility and autonomy to get things done. As an intern, you will gain substantial personal learning and career development opportunities through ownership of real-world job assignments, strong coaching and mentorship and networking with senior leaders across the Enterprise.
ITW’s IT internship program is aimed at providing meaningful work and experience to our interns with strong managers serving as their mentors. We expect this summer internship program to give you marketable experiences and skills, as well as introduce you to ITW’s unique way of doing business.
As an IT Intern you will be working at our corporate campus in Glenview, IL; one of Chicago’s northern suburbs. Our campus includes a fitness center at no cost to the employees, cafeteria, outdoor volleyball courts, walking trails around the campus, employee resource groups, corporate discounts, dry cleaning services, covered/outdoor parking, and much more. We are one block walk to the nearest Metra station, and it is a quick 20-minute train ride to downtown Chicago, museums, lakefront, and activities.
What You Will Do
- Field incoming requests to the Service Desk and ensure courteous, timely and effective resolution of end user requests.
- Process incoming Office 365 user administration requests. These requests will include all aspects of the provisioning and de-provisioning of user accounts.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, and configuring systems and applications.
- Perform user account administration including password resets and profile changes.
- Perform preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
Formal Education & Certification
- Student pursuing a degree in Computer Science or Information Technology related field. Junior status preferred.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Understanding of social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Facebook and Yammer as well as best practices.
Illinois Tool Works Inc. (“ITW” or “the Company”) is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.