Segment Director, Information TechnologyApply Job ID REF1787G Date posted 02/25/2021 Address 155 Harlem Avenue, Glenview, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Since its founding more than 100 years ago, ITW has become one of the world’s leading diversified manufacturers of specialized industrial equipment, consumables, and related service businesses. We place a high premium on the development of innovative solutions–most of which are developed in tandem with our customers. And we continue to ensure that our customers receive timely, cost-effective service for the innovative products we provide.
ITW’s differentiated business model is composed of a set of unique core capabilities: our proprietary 80/20 business process, customer-back innovation, and our well-known decentralized entrepreneurial culture. These capabilities are unmistakably ITW—and key to our longevity and strong performance.
ITW’s products and solutions are at work all over the world, in deep-sea oil rigs, aerospace technology, bridges and wind turbines, healthcare, the spaces in which we live and work, the cars we drive, and the mobile devices we rely on. We are never, whether we know it or not, more than a few steps from an innovative ITW solution.
Today, ITW (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 200 company that employs nearly 50,000 people with operations in 55 countries with headquarters in Glenview, IL. We are conveniently located across from the Metra commuter rail, with access to an on-site gym, café and active employee resource groups.
The Segment Director, Information Technology assesses, develops, and executes both strategic and tactical plans to enable business strategies within the divisions, platforms, or segment. The IT Director ensures all activities related to Information Technology are coordinated, effective, and secure through proper oversight and guidance. The IT Director will work closely with customers, colleagues, and other stakeholders to identify and maximize opportunities to use knowledge and technology to improve business processes, promote the appropriate strategic use of information, and enable the workforce to safely use information and technology. He / She will provide the leadership, vision, and direction for IT organizations, ensuring support of the division’s business objectives and requirements.
The Segment Director, Information Technology is responsible for providing vision and direction enabling the divisions to achieve strategic technology and business objectives through the use of the 80/20 IT Framework. The IT Director makes decisions concerning strategic initiatives through a demonstrated ability to use broad-based business information and knowledge.
The Segment IT Director reports to the segment with a dotted line to Corporate IT and collaborates with the segment leadership team to understand the information needs of the various platforms and functions to help manage priorities and effectiveness of enterprise IT solutions, frameworks, and programs.
- Accountable for ensuring all divisions comply with the Corporate ITW Cybersecurity Framework.
- Actively oversees Cyber Security and Risk for Divisions and Segment. Ensures that Cyber Security and Risk activities are identified, and resources deployed are appropriate for the risk level.
- Accountable for successful implementation of all significant systems projects across the segment via a direct project management engagement.
- Accountable via oversight for compliance of digital systems to digital security and regulatory compliance including SOX where appropriate.
- Assists divisions, platform, and segment business leaders by providing thought leadership to IT strategy, plan, execution, prioritization, Capex, and spending for Growth, Profit, and IT Operations.
- Guides division management with the accountability of division IT resources.
- Assists division leadership with the assessment, development, retention, and recruitment of IT talent that will support the ongoing needs of the business.
- Works to ensure IT spend in the divisions is well managed.
- Assists division leadership with legal, HR, or cyber security issues.
- Partners with Segment leaders across HR, Sourcing, Innovation, Finance, Audit and 80/20 functions
- Handles cross-division or segment-wide IT initiatives, if any.
- Support LRPs and annual plans within the segment.
- Adapts, applies, and drives adoption of ITW IT Guiding Principles, Frameworks, IT Sourcing Programs, and IT Front to Back to drive lean and effective IT outcomes in the divisions.
Seeking a Business-focused leader who exploits information technology for business value. Accomplished in delivering solutions and capabilities in the quote-to-cash, customer service, eBusiness and manufacturing/supply chain spaces. Expert in financial management and in addressing governance, resource management and PMO challenges. Proven record in business transformation and IT strategy development and execution. Ability to move fluidly between and communicate easily with executives and technical and non-technical professionals across functions. Requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- 15+ years’ experience working in Information Technology. Experience at one point in career in a mid-market manufacturing company with $100M+ revenue is highly preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience with multiple ERP platforms including implementation and production support.
- Must have a background that includes advancing levels of management and leadership including building and developing an IT organization with 7-10 years of experience as a supervisor or manager of IT professionals and 5+ years of experience leading an IT organization or in a major leadership role within an IT organization.
- Experience with acquisition and IT program integration is preferred.
- Experience managing cyber security programs and presenting risk and risk mitigation strategies across all levels of the organization is preferred.
- Experience managing IT infrastructure preferred.
- Experience working in a global company and leading globally dispersed teams is preferred.
- Track record of working with executive teams, able to present complex ideas/situations in a simplified manner.
- Must be able to provide clear examples of successfully delivered major IT change initiatives. Experience managing or overseeing IT projects.
- Experience managing supplier relationships, and the contractual aspects of these relationships including examples of driving down cost/improving service levels is preferred.
- Can demonstrate strong planning and organization skills with specific examples of both tactical (1-2 year plans) and strategic (3-5 year plans) plans that have been delivered within a global IT organization.
- Track record of seeking out opportunities to improve IT project delivery and services.
- Excellent oral, presentation and written communication.
- Excellent team working and networking skills.
Illinois Tool Works Inc. (“ITW” or “the Company”) is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.