Global Product ManagerApply Job ID REF4929A Date posted 04/14/2022 Address 155 Harlem Avenue, Glenview, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
ITW (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 200 global multi-industrial manufacturing leader with revenues totaling $14.1 billion in 2019. The company’s seven industry-leading segments leverage the unique ITW Business Model to drive solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. ITW’s approximately 45,000 dedicated colleagues around the world thrive in the company’s decentralized and entrepreneurial culture. www.itw.com.
ITW Specialty Films designs, manufactures and markets specialized coated and/or metalized films for the Card, Security, and Medical markets. The division leverages unique core competencies and technologies in films, foils, laminates, holography, and transfers to address customer needs globally. Operates in 5 locations (NA & EU).
The Global Product Manager will profitably grow their strategic vertical markets by developing, implementing, and driving product line strategies and tactical action plans. The role acts as the product line owner, utilizing data to effectively develop and manage the product portfolio strategy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Define product line’s value proposition throughout the organization, ensuring competitive product positioning. This entails full pricing responsibility.
- Lead the new product development from concept generation to execution, gathering voice of customers and leverage the information into developing solutions.
- Develop and implement product line strategies and associated measurable action plans to capitalize on key growth opportunities.
- Effectively collect and synthesize market insights to drive the product lifecycle strategy.
- Drive the execution of the new product development roadmap through the stage gate process.
- Conduct activities related to the development of business cases for new product innovation and enhancements
- Lead and execute new product rollout efforts including forecasting volumes, designing market tests, planning internal training, as well as communication plans.
- Manage the financial performance of assigned product categories by utilizing ITW Toolbox and other key performance indicators.
- Lead and communicate strategic competitive analysis and marketing assessment.
- Evaluate and report on product performance – sales volume, sell through, margins and market share.
- Participate in capacity planning efforts working with manufacturing other functional areas.
- Develop the annual integrated marketing and segmentation plans.
- Supporting our sales team product specific sales pitches and customers meetings
- Follow all company policies, procedures, and safety directions.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing, or comparable discipline.
- 4 - 6 years of relevant strategy, product management or marketing experience.
- 4+ years of marketing experience preferred; new product development experience, from inception to product introduction and full product lifecycle management preferred.
- Influences effectively and drives alignment across functions.
- Highly skilled at planning and project management.
- Experience working with development teams, sales, and operations.
- Excellent collaboration and teamwork skills.
- Strong communications and presentation skills.
- Financial acumen to analyze and report on product line results effectively
- Advanced skills in Excel, Word and Power Point
- Global work experience is a plus
- Ability to travel <25% (domestic and international)
- Work is normally performed in a typical office environment with little to no exposure to adverse conditions.
- Position is based at ITW Headquarters office in Glenview, IL
Our employees enjoy a comprehensive benefit package which includes competitively priced medical plan options with FSA and HSA plans, dental, prescription drug, vision, life insurance, wellness programs, employee discounts, paid holidays and vacation , corporate matching gift program for charitable donations, and 401(k) with an immediate company match and an additional retirement savings contribution at no cost.
ITW is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.