Product Manager 1Apply Job ID REF2193Y Date posted 04/29/2021 Address 155 Harlem Avenue, Glenview, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
ITW Residential & Renovation offers a broad range of professional grade anchoring tools and fasteners for numerous construction applications. Our products include wood to wood fastening systems (Paslode), structural wood fasteners (GRK Fasteners™), concrete anchoring systems (Tapcon®, Red Head®, Ramset®), underlayment screws (Rock-On®, Backer-On®), self-drilling screws (Teks®) and drywall anchoring systems (E-Z Ancor®). ITW Residential & Renovation excels in meeting the growing demands from Pro end-users for high-quality home improvement and construction fastening products. Our products are trusted by industry professionals and each brand is the market leader in its respective category in terms of quality, performance and ease of use.
ITW offers its employees a path for advancement, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package designed to help employees care for themselves, their families, and their futures.
The Product Manager will profitably grow responsible product groups by developing, implementing and driving marketing/business strategies and tactical action plans. Act as the voice of customer using end user market research insights, customer POS, and macro market trends to effectively manage the product portfolio and drive new product development.
- Customer Back Innovation – Execution of the new product development roadmap to capitalize on key market opportunities and champion the Customer Back Innovation stage gate process through cross-functional leadership. Product Managers will lead new product rollout efforts including forecasting volumes, end user validation, integrated marketing planning as well as sales and channel training.
- End User Intimacy – Gain strong understanding of voice of customer through qualitative and quantitative market research that drive product strategy and development. Lead end user segmentation to ensure proper targeting and prioritization
- Product Portfolio Management – Lead product portfolio strategy including management of existing product mix and pricing strategy to drive top- and bottom-line financial performance. Participate in capacity planning efforts working with operations and engineering. Responsible for product line maintenance including SKU rationalization and simplification to optimize the product mix and financials.
- Financial Ownership – The Product Manager will own the P&L for their product categories and deliver on key metrics by utilizing the ITW toolbox philosophies and other key performance indicators.
- Market Landscape – The Product Manager will have a full understanding of the market dynamics including customer and end user trends, competitive trends and actions and will drive market sizing efforts to ensure focus on addressable market. weaknesses of our competitor’s products/brands.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree, required; MBA, preferred.A minimum of 3-5 years of marketing experience preferred with at least 1 year of product management experience; new product development experience, from inception to product introduction and full product lifecycle management preferred
- Experience with durable goods is preferred
- Financial acumen to analyze financial results and new market opportunities is preferred
- Advanced skills in Excel, Word and Power Point are required.
- The ability to travel approximately 20% is required
- Strong team/project management, communications, and presentation skills
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires an employee to work in a variety of locations including, but not limited to home office, job sites, lumberyards, and distributor locations. These environments are not controlled by ITW.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, talk, hear, reach with hands and arms, and regularly required to walk. Must be able to lift 40 lbs., able to walk and stand for long periods of time at customer events, trade shows, and job site locations. Position requires approximately 20% travel and the ability to operate a motor vehicle.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes. To be considered an applicant, please apply online to a specific job posting.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please click here for information on how to contact us directly.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.