Product Innovation Research AnalystApply Job ID REF4413Q Date posted 12/02/2021 Address 155 Harlem Avenue, Glenview, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Since its founding more than 100 years ago, ITW has become one of the world’s leading diversified manufacturers of specialized industrial equipment, consumables, and related service businesses. We place a high premium on the development of innovative solutions–most of which are developed in tandem with our customers. And we continue to ensure that our customers receive timely, cost-effective service for the innovative products we provide.
ITW’s differentiated business model is composed of a set of unique core capabilities: our proprietary 80/20 business process, customer-back innovation, and our well-known decentralized entrepreneurial culture. These capabilities are unmistakably ITW—and key to our longevity and strong performance.
ITW’s products and solutions are at work all over the world, in deep-sea oil rigs, aerospace technology, bridges and wind turbines, healthcare, the spaces in which we live and work, the cars we drive, and the mobile devices we rely on. We are never, whether we know it or not, more than a few steps from an innovative ITW solution.
Today, ITW (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 200 company that employs nearly 50,000 people with operations in 55 countries with headquarters in Glenview, IL. We are conveniently located across from the Metra commuter rail, with access to an on-site gym, café and active employee resource groups.
The Product Innovation Research Analyst will report to the Technology Research Manager within the ITW Innovation Center. This position will be responsible for producing Market and Technology intelligence reports as well as delivery of ITW innovation workshops ensuring our businesses have the strategic information, competencies, and tools for successful process, service, and product innovation. The position requires a combination of strong innovation process knowledge and facilitation, primary/secondary research, analysis, interpretation, and reporting to senior management.
Position Location: onsite at Glenview corporate office
- Works with business units to identify macro trends, analyze and segment markets, assess customer needs, and evaluate growth opportunities.
- Investigates technology trends, maturity, differentiation, and landscapes relevant to our business unit’s growth initiative.
- Supports ITW business growth projects through product, service, and process innovation knowledge and Customer-Back innovation process leadership.
- Identifies system solutions to support the needs of industrial manufacturing business units over a wide range of industries.
- Ensures the timely and efficient completion of multiple assignments to achieve overall business objectives.
- Rapidly understand problems, evaluate ideas, recommend solutions, and work with business units to validate concepts.
- B.A./B.S. with an advanced degree in a STEM field preferred
- 5+ years innovation and product development experience
- 3+ years project management experience
- Detailed understanding of manufacturing processes and material technology trends
- Results-oriented technical individual able to apply systematic processes, critical thinking, and sound judgment to complex issues
- Extensive strategic and practical experience in process, service, and product innovation
- Willingness to travel up to 15%, both domestic and international
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND TRAITS:
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex concepts in a clear, concise manner to all levels of the organization in both written and oral formats
- Ability to quickly establish credibility
- Broad technical knowledge of key areas within technical discipline
- Strong background in statistical methods and algorithms with the ability to distill complex concepts to actionable outcomes
- Proven track record of technical leadership in subject area
- Experience as a technical leader in a technology-based corporation preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to build positive relationships and communicate effectively at all management levels
- Intellectually curious and has a driving interest in new technology
- Excellent Technical Acumen
- Analytical Skills and Attention to Detail
- Data-backed Decision Making
- Strong Communication Skills
- Cross-functional and global team innovation
- Creative Thinking
- Consulting/consultative Approach
- Reduces Complexity
Illinois Tool Works Inc. (“ITW” or “the Company”) is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.