Network AdministratorApply Now Submit a Referral Job ID REF12088F Date posted 02/23/2024 Address 155 Harlem Avenue, Glenview, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
ITW (Illinois Tool Works Inc.) is a Fortune 200 company and is one of the world’s leading diversified manufacturers of specialized industrial equipment, automotive components, consumables, and related service businesses. ITW businesses serve local customers and markets around the globe, with operations in 55 countries and an employee base of more than 46,000 women and men who adhere to the highest ethical standards. These talented individuals, many of whom have specialized engineering or scientific expertise, contribute to our global leadership in innovation. We are proud of our broad portfolio of more than 17,000 granted and pending patents.
ITW Residential and Renovation Construction provides Industry leading, premium branded, cordless nailing systems and fastening solutions, that deliver superior productivity and reliability to meet the needs of professional remodelers and residential framers, with a widely available product portfolio at their preferred retail or dealer outlets The 80 focus for the division is aggressive market growth while sustaining profitability.
ITW offers its employees a path for advancement, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package designed to help employees care for themselves, their families, and their futures.
The Network Administrator is responsible for ensuring a secure, highly available network infrastructure to support business needs. This role delivers technical assistance, problem solving, proactive monitoring, and quick responses to network infrastructure services, including the installation, setup, scripting, troubleshooting, and maintenance of network hardware and software. Candidates need to be able to break down challenges, think critically, and have strong attention to detail. In addition, qualified candidates will be able to easily communicate with technical and non-technical team members and have excellent organizational and time management skills. This role is based in Glenview, IL, and reports to the Division Controller.
- Design, document and implement network standards based on business needs.
- Manage access/identity governance and security standards.
- Firewall, router, cabling, and switch administration for our multilocation divisions
- Ensure vendors are managing priority for the network environment and VoIP phone system administration.
- Ensure high uptime through project execution and management of vendors, developing, testing, and installing standards driving simplified, secure solutions.
- Proactive patch management and administration, assessing and evaluating the correct investments
- Oversee technical assistance and support for incoming help desk tickets related to the network environment and phone systems.
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues. Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention.
- Serve as a project leader on key IT projects for internal initiatives and external customer deliverables.
- Inventory management for all devices and monitoring responsibility to ensure proactive visibility.
- Manage IT vendor relationships and facilitate user requests to be completed by consultants in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree, required; with focus on Information Systems or Computer Science. Bachelors degree, preferred.
- Ability and knowledge to backup and work closely with the system administration and service team.
- At least 3+ years of experience working with the VMWare environment and Microsoft Family of networking and server products along.
- At least 3+ years of experience working with networking technologies such as routers, switches, VoIP and firewalls.
- Understanding of VEEAM Backup infrastructure. Disaster recovery system periodic testing for multiple location.
- Operational knowledge in wireless / mobile communications management Experience with MDM is plus.
- 3+ years of Active Directory and GPO experience.
- Off hours’ work may be required
- Able to travel locally between division facilities (Bartlett, Elgin, Glenview, Lake Forest, and Libertyville, IL).
- Up to 10% travel to Arkansas manufacturing facility.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Most time will be spent in an office environment. Occasionally the employee may be required to spend time in our local manufacturing sites. Certain personal protective equipment is required when in the manufacturing areas.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
ITW is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes. To be considered an applicant, please apply online to a specific job posting.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please click here for information on how to contact us directly.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Submit a Referral
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.