IT Frameworks Analyst Intern, Summer 2022Apply Job ID REF3664I Date posted 09/15/2021 Address 155 Harlem Avenue, Glenview, IL Job Type Intern Job Status Non-Exempt
Since its founding more than 100 years ago, ITW has become one of the world’s leading diversified manufacturers of specialized industrial equipment, consumables, and related service businesses. We place a high premium on the development of innovative solutions–most of which are developed in tandem with our customers. And we continue to ensure that our customers receive timely, cost-effective service for the innovative products we provide.
ITW’s differentiated business model is composed of a set of unique core capabilities: our proprietary 80/20 business process, customer-back innovation, and our well-known decentralized entrepreneurial culture. These capabilities are unmistakably ITW—and key to our longevity and strong performance.
ITW’s products and solutions are at work all over the world, in deep-sea oil rigs, aerospace technology, bridges and wind turbines, healthcare, the spaces in which we live and work, the cars we drive, and the mobile devices we rely on. We are never, whether we know it or not, more than a few steps from an innovative ITW solution.
Some ITW Divisions and Products you may have heard of:
- Hi-Cone: Packaging systems for beer and soft drinks
- ITW Deltar: Capless refueling system, which created a new standard in auto manufacturing.
- Rain-X: Windshield Wipers, Glass Cleaners, Car Washes, etc.
Today, ITW (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 200 company that employs nearly 50,000 people with operations in 55 countries with headquarters in Glenview, IL. We are conveniently located across from the Metra commuter rail, with access to an on-site gym, café and active employee resource groups.
Internship Program Overview:
ITW’s paid internship program provides unparalleled access to challenging opportunities in high-growth, dynamic industries. Interns are encouraged to think and act like entrepreneurs and are provided significant responsibility and autonomy to get things done. As an intern, you will gain substantial personal learning and career development opportunities through ownership of real-world job assignments, strong coaching and mentorship and networking with senior leaders across the Enterprise.
ITW’s IT internship program is aimed at providing meaningful work and experience to our interns with strong managers serving as their mentors. We expect this summer internship program to give you marketable experiences and skills, as well as introduce you to ITW’s unique way of doing business.
As an IT Intern you will be working at our corporate campus in Glenview, IL; one of Chicago’s northern suburbs. Our campus includes a fitness center at no cost to the employees, cafeteria, outdoor volleyball courts, walking trails around the campus, employee resource groups, corporate discounts, dry cleaning services, covered/outdoor parking, and much more. We are one block walk to the nearest Metra station, and it is a quick 20-minute train ride to downtown Chicago, museums, lakefront, and activities.
What You Will Do
A typical day during the internship might include:
- Researching assigned technology related topics to identify and summarize key points
- Working with various IT leaders and teams across ITW to document common challenges, innovative approaches, or successful practices
- Curating IT community posts about Frameworks & Vendor Program updates, tracking discussions for follow-ups or additional ideas/actions
- Coordinating IT Community of Interest meetings as a facilitator, working with technology vendor representatives and ITW IT leaders
- Assisting in the creation and presentation of webinar(s) or town halls for IT staff around the world
- Collecting and analyzing data about technology solutions used by ITW businesses
- Creating or enhancing intranet pages in SharePoint related to IT Frameworks
- Collaborating with fellow interns on a group project for Corporate IT
- Currently enrolled in an Undergraduate Degree Program with a focus on Information Technology, Business, or Digital Marketing. Junior status preferred.
- Maintenance of a minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA is required
- Strong research and critical thinking skills
- Effective written, visual, and verbal communication skills
- Collaborates well in both one-on-one and teamwork settings
- Proficient in using software applications, especially Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with SharePoint is a plus
Illinois Tool Works Inc. (“ITW” or “the Company”) is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.