Intellectual Property (IP) ClerkApply Job ID REF3169I Date posted 07/28/2021 Address 155 Harlem Avenue, Glenview, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
Since its founding more than 100 years ago, ITW has become one of the world’s leading diversified manufacturers of specialized industrial equipment, consumables, and related service businesses. We place a high premium on the development of innovative solutions–most of which are developed in tandem with our customers. And we continue to ensure that our customers receive timely, cost-effective service for the innovative products we provide.
ITW’s differentiated business model is composed of a set of unique core capabilities: our proprietary 80/20 business process, customer-back innovation, and our well-known decentralized entrepreneurial culture. These capabilities are unmistakably ITW—and key to our longevity and strong performance.
ITW’s products and solutions are at work all over the world, in deep-sea oil rigs, aerospace technology, bridges and wind turbines, healthcare, the spaces in which we live and work, the cars we drive, and the mobile devices we rely on. We are never, whether we know it or not, more than a few steps from an innovative ITW solution.
Today, ITW (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 200 company that employs nearly 50,000 people with operations in 55 countries with headquarters in Glenview, IL. We are conveniently located across from the Metra commuter rail, with access to an on-site gym, café and active employee resource groups.
This non-exempt support role reports to our Chief IP Counsel and requires strong attention to detail, solid organizational skills, and the ability to work independently on numerous tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for daily review and processing of incoming mail correspondence and e-mail messages in patent prosecution e-mail inbox
- Enter and update patent application filing particulars, such as priority, publication, and grant information in computerized patent docketing system
- Perform data entry into computerized patent docket system to generate due dates and reminders.
- Update, store, and retrieve patent files and electronic records
- Maintain off-site document storage database
- Participate in IP Legal department project teams as needed
- Prepare customized reports for IP Legal team as needed
- High School education required. Associate, B.A. or B.S. degree ideal.
- 3+ years of IP docketing experience required, preferably within a law firm.
- Experience with intellectual property docketing systems, CPi docketing system preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to meet required deadlines
- Expert resource in utilizing document management systems, databases, and computer applications is preferred
- Ability to learn new computer software systems
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written)
- Demonstrated ability to maintain and protect confidential information
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple tasks and competing priorities
- Requires strong attention to detail, solid organizational skills, and the ability to work independently on many tasks.
Illinois Tool Works Inc. (“ITW” or “the Company”) is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.