Digital & Channel Marketing Intern - Summer 2022Apply Job ID REF3781T Date posted 09/27/2021 Address 155 Harlem Avenue, Glenview, IL Job Type Intern Job Status Non-Exempt
Are you looking to gain experience in Digital & Channel Marketing with a Fortune 200 company? ITW Residential & Renovation in Glenview, IL is searching for an exceptional student to join our team as an Intern for May 2022! We want to partner with you to help you gain valuable experience.
As part of the ITW Residential & Renovation Marketing team, the Digital & Channel Marketing Intern helps execute the marketing plans and tactics to drive awareness, interest and sell through of our core fastening brands including Paslode, GRK Fasteners and Tapcon. The scope of responsibilities is broad and may include involvement in development of marketing materials, database management and organization, as well as executing and measurement of current marketing initiatives.
- Website CMS Content Updates and Google analytics data management
- SEO Monitoring – Conduct keyword search to validate that organic traffic is increasing YOY
- Leads Database Migration – Migrate leads from website to Salesforce
- Reporting – update digital dashboard and build charts with key insights and relevant information
- Merchandising software database organization and management
- Development and execution of customer communications (fliers, newsletters, etc.)
- Rising Junior pursuing a bachelors degree in Digital Marketing, Marketing, Digital Systems or related field.
- Some knowledge on website CMS platforms and Google Analytics
- Basic knowledge on Digital Marketing search engines, lead generation and email marketing
- Tech savvy, Detail-oriented, with superior organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong MS Excel skills, including vlookup, pivot tables and graphs; Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work on cross-functional teams.
- Detail-oriented, with superior organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Hardworking and enthusiastic personality
- Learn how to use digital marketing core tools and platforms like GA, Kentico and Salesforce
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in an agile digital environment
- Analyze SEO, SEM and lead generation tactics
- Exposure to the execution of Marketing “Promotion” and “Place” in a real-life business application
- Strengthen project management skills by creating timelines, setting milestones, measuring progress and reporting on findings.
- Development and demonstration of strategic thinking through Influencing key stakeholders on learnings, implications and suggested next steps
- Business acumen enhancement by exposure to a customer backed approach to business, and an overall big picture understanding of the business and its interrelationships
- Critical Thinking & Decision Making: Ability to make logical and sound decisions and to know when to act independently and when to seek assistance.
- Curiosity & Learning Orientation: Actively identifying new areas for learning and applying newly gained knowledge/skill on the job.
- Drive to Excel: Driven to succeed and willing to go the extra mile. Perseveres in the face of obstacles and challenges.
- Interpersonal Skills & communication: Ability to work collaboratively and partner well with others, express oneself verbally and in writing, and listen well.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties and responsibilities of this position, within typical manufacturing plant working conditions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes, airborne particles, climate variances and moving mechanical equipment typically found in a manufacturing environment. The noise level in the work environment (office) is usually low, but much higher when exposed to the manufacturing areas. Certain personal protective equipment is required when in the manufacturing areas. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, talk, hear, reach with hands and arms and regularly required to walk. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
ITW’s products and solutions are at work all over the world - in deep-sea oil rigs, aerospace technology, bridges and wind turbines, healthcare, the spaces in which we live and work, the cars we drive, and the mobile devices we rely on. You are never, whether you know it or not, more than a few steps from an innovative ITW solution. In the words of a Mal Pancoast quote, at ITW, "You get paid to impact the world."
ITW Residential & Renovation offers a broad range of professional grade anchoring tools and fasteners for numerous construction applications. Our products include wood to wood fastening systems (Paslode), structural wood fasteners (GRK Fasteners™), concrete anchoring systems (Tapcon®, Red Head®, Ramset®), underlayment screws (Rock-On®, Backer-On®), self-drilling screws (Teks®) and drywall anchoring systems (E-Z Ancor®). ITW Residential & Renovation excels in meeting the growing demands from Pro end-users for high-quality home improvement and construction fastening products. Our products are trusted by industry professionals and each brand is the market leader in its respective category in terms of quality, performance and ease of use.
ITW offers its employees a path for advancement, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package designed to help employees care for themselves, their families, and their futures.
ITW is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes. To be considered an applicant, please apply online to a specific job posting.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please click here for information on how to contact us directly.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.