Audit SupervisorApply Job ID REF6949B Date posted 06/17/2022 Address 155 Harlem Avenue, Glenview, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Since its founding more than 100 years ago, ITW has become one of the world’s leading diversified manufacturers of specialized industrial equipment, consumables, and related service businesses. We place a high premium on the development of innovative solutions–most of which are developed in tandem with our customers. And we continue to ensure that our customers receive timely, cost-effective service for the innovative products we provide.
ITW’s differentiated business model is composed of a set of unique core capabilities: our proprietary 80/20 business process, customer-back innovation, and our well-known decentralized entrepreneurial culture. These capabilities are unmistakably ITW—and key to our longevity and strong performance.
ITW’s products and solutions are at work all over the world, in deep-sea oil rigs, aerospace technology, bridges and wind turbines, healthcare, the spaces in which we live and work, the cars we drive, and the mobile devices we rely on. We are never, whether we know it or not, more than a few steps from an innovative ITW solution.
Today, ITW (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 200 company that employs nearly 43,000 people with operations in 55 countries with headquarters in Glenview, IL. Our campus includes a fitness center at no cost to the employees, cafeteria, outdoor volleyball courts, walking trails around the facility, employee resource groups, corporate discounts, dry cleaning services, covered/outdoor parking, and much more. We are just a block away from the nearest Metra station, and it is a quick 20-minute train ride to downtown Chicago, museums, lakefront, and other activities.
More details on our benefits can be found on our website at https://www.itw.com/careers/benefits-compensation/
Join the Illinois Tool Works (ITW) Enterprise Audit Services (EAS) team of accomplished audit professionals as an Audit Supervisor. In this role, you will have the opportunity to visit our businesses around the globe, perform financial and internal control audits, as well as provide valuable insights. ITW Audit professionals make a positive impact within our unique decentralized business culture by serving as counselors to business unit leadership and other corporate management.
The Audit Supervisor will assist the team in the execution of our robust risk-based audit plan and various department initiatives. The Audit Supervisor oversees the planning, fieldwork, and reporting phases of audit engagements while providing training and coaching to both Staff and Senior auditors. The Supervisor may also be involved in operational or compliance audit projects, as well as providing consulting services to the organization’s management and staff. The individual performs independently under general supervision with considerable latitude for initiative and independent judgment.
At times, our auditors take part in various special projects and utilize ITW’s ‘80/20 Toolbox’.
The Enterprise Audit Services (EAS) team consists of 40 audit professionals based in Glenview, IL, the United Kingdom, Hong Kong, and Brazil who complete audits around the globe, in teams of 3-6 people. The EAS department focuses on developing “Great ITW Leaders” and supporting ITW’s Enterprise Initiatives. The EAS culture committee engages employees in activities and world events related to Safety, Community, Diversity & Inclusion, Environment, Recognition, and Mindfulness & Wellness.
Things to get excited about:
- Domestic and International travel (up to 40%), including the ability for leisure travel between audit weeks
- Flexibility regarding work-from-home options
- Dress for your day at the corporate office
- Generous benefits package including healthcare, 401k matching program, and paid time off
- Free access to a full gym on the ITW campus
- The ITW Foundation offers a 3-1 match program and a volunteer hour program
- Identifies and evaluates operational and financial risk areas to provide key input toward the development and execution of ITW’s Audit Plan.
- Executes audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting client processes and procedures.
- Communicates audit progress, observations, and recommendations to audit and division management in a timely manner.
- Identify process simplification opportunities utilizing a variety of audit and financial analysis tools and techniques.
- Ensures high quality of the audit with thorough review of auditors' work.
- Provides or assists in providing training, coaching and guidance to Audit staff conducting audits and other audit-related issues.
- Ensures audit reports are substantive and completed shortly after fieldwork.
- Ensures reports forwarded to audit management are prepared at a professional level of completeness, style, and accuracy and are grammatically correct.
- Ensures staff evaluations are substantive and completed timely after each engagement.
- Demonstrates professionalism during all interactions with business partners.
- Practices inclusive leadership and creates an environment that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives.
- Provides mentorship to enhance career development of Audit staff.
- Willingness and ability to take on special projects within the department that are outside the scope of regular audits.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Accounting from an accredited university is required.
- Ability to travel internationally and domestically without restrictions.
- At least four years of full-time experience in auditing manufacturing companies, including one year of audit supervisory experience.
- Certification or working toward a certification such as a CIA, CPA, or CMA is a plus.
- Strong language capability is a plus but not required.
- Demonstrate the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Considerable knowledge of and skill in applying internal auditing and accounting principles and practices, management principles, and preferred business practices.
- Ability to demonstrate good planning and project management skills when managing multiple responsibilities at once and effectively achieving deadlines while maintaining a high quality of work.
- Uses sound judgment, understanding of policy, data, and organized thought processes in decision-making.
- Applies appropriate professional skepticism and creativity in remediating observations.
- Effective verbal and written communication, including active listening skills and skill in presenting findings and recommendations.
- Models a high standard of performance and professional conduct for others, while maintaining composure under pressure.
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with co-workers, staff and external contacts, and to work effectively in a professional team environment.
- Holds themselves and the team accountable to perform at a high level.
- Demonstrates curiosity and proactively seeks to improve individual performance.
- Readiness to accept additional responsibilities, as well as willingness to try new ideas and methodologies.
- Considerable skill in using a computer with word processing, spreadsheet and other business software to prepare reports, presentations, summaries and analyses.
*ITW Audit Department is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status.
Illinois Tool Works Inc. (“ITW” or “the Company”) is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.