ToolmakerApply Job ID REF8574I Date posted 12/09/2022 Address 1 Wheatstone Place, Glenrothes, Scotland Job Type Full-time
ITW Construction Products UK/Nordics is a division of ITW, innovating, designing and manufacturing advanced industrial technology. We are industry influencers and market leaders in our fields with five high quality brands at the front of technology and enterprise. At all levels in our organisation, we are encouraged to embrace our inner entrepreneur to drive actions, focus on what matters and share ideas so that every individual can have an impact on the business. In return we are rewarded, supported in our development and given the opportunities to grow within a large multinational organisation.
Working as part of an engineering team to ensure a high level of tool accuracy and performance within the production environment based at Glenrothes (KY6). You will be responsible for providing support for troubleshooting quality issues and breakdowns. Working with experienced toolmakers to assist the day-to-day operation and communicating effectively across all platforms. Manufacturing and repairing dies, jigs, fixtures and press tools.
- Working with equipment such as; lathes / milling machines / drilling machines / wire cutter / tool washers / surface grinders / hand tools for bench work etc.
- Learning to examine and determine sizes and allowances of metals and metals alloys.
- Aligning, measuring and marking out metal stock or castings, checking dimensions and alignments, using gauges, micrometres and other measuring devices, also using advanced machine tools to create machine complex internal shapes.
- Examining and understanding detailed drawings or specifications to determine requirements of material and equipment.
- Time served toolmaker desirable.
- Higher / Advanced Highers and/or HNC / HND qualifications in relevant subjects.
- This role requires a high level of accuracy.
- Use of AutoCAD, CNC programming & Microsoft Office.
- Interest in engineering, mechanical, programming and/or metalwork.
- Technical, practical and mathematical skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Motivated individual who is flexible and willing to learn continuous/lean best practices.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, self motivated and a positive attitude.
- Excellent organizational, time management and attention to detail skills.
- Comfortable in working within a team environment, contributing and sharing best practices, resources and ideas in order to continually improve.
- The ability to work to set standards and procedures.
Working unsupervised on shifts, primarily dayshift / backshift rotation (Note: nightshift availability based on business requirements).
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.