Senior Software DeveloperApply Job ID REF7495C Date posted 08/09/2022 Address 1 Wheatstone Place, Southfield Industrial Estate, Glenrothes, Job Type Full-time
ITW Construction Products UK/Nordics is a division of ITW, innovating, designing and manufacturing advanced industrial technology. We are industry influencers and market leaders in our fields with five high quality brands at the front of technology and enterprise. At all levels in our organisation, we are encouraged to embrace our inner entrepreneur to drive actions, focus on what matters and share ideas so that every individual can have an impact on the business. In return we are rewarded, supported in our development and given the opportunities to grow within a large multinational organisation.
In this role, you'll join an Agile Scrum team responsible for building and working on applications within ITWCPs suite of software products. The Senior Software Developer will lead and participate in all areas of development including design, coding, and testing in collaboration with the team.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Work with an Agile Scrum team to develop, test, and maintain web and desktop-based applications
- Collaborate with Product Owners and Software Development Managers to help translate business needs into technical requirements and actions.
- Mentor and encourage the use of best practices, application of Computer Science fundamentals and facilitate collaboration within the team
- Prepare software documentation including technical diagrams and manuals on the design, use and operation of the software
- Develop automated unit tests for applications according to company standards
- Analyze and provide solutions to complex technical problems and projects
- Participate in peer review sessions of solutions and related code, ensure software quality throughout the complete SDLC
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in Computer Science or Engineering related fields
- Significant experience as a Software Developer
- Knowledge and proven experience with various Development Methodologies and Frameworks such as Agile and Scrum
- Complete understanding of multiple SDLC and ability to mentor others on SDLC
- Expert in one or more RDBMS or NoSQL data platforms
This is primarily a home working role.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.