Pre-Press OperatorApply Job ID REF507Q Date posted 12/18/2020 Address 147 Cherokee Drive, Gardner, KS Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
Today our corporate headquarters is located in St. Charles, MO (approximately 20 miles from St. Louis), where along with our production facilities in Gardner, KS and Bogart, GA we have nationally recognized, high quality converting operations, producing custom and stock labels for the Consumer Packaged Goods, Durable and Retail markets. Our quality management system is recognized to the ISO 9001:2008 standard, and our improved process and product quality controls are an integral part of our operations. Our printing technology utilizes Mark Andy flexographic web printing presses up to 20" wide, as well as digital and screen printing. Our capabilities include blank to 8 color labels, including four color process, UV, varnishes, laminates, two sided printing and much more. Our facilities produce labels and tags from a wide variety of paper and film materials for use in applications for over 4,000 customers worldwide.
Under general supervision, receives, records and stores all stock. Pulls, prepares and delivers materials to various departments. Verifies and keeps records of outgoing shipments and prepares packages for shipment by performing the following duties.
These are functions a qualified incumbent or applicant must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation.
· Receives all stock and supplies and confirms that packing list conforms to Purchase Order and associated documents for correct items and quantity.
· Inspects all packages for damage.
· Maintains receiving in computer system.
· Advises purchasing agent of any discrepancies and submits all receiving documents to purchasing.
· Dates and tags all raw stock before storing.
· Checks material to be trimmed against work order instructions for accuracy.
· Determines whether trimming is necessary prior to final cutting.
· Performs cutting operations to close tolerances, sets back stop, clamp pressure, keeps cutter square, and changes blades.
· Blocks, stacks, feeds, cuts, retrieves, and re-stacks sheets.
· Delivers cut stock to printing and finishing departments.
· Maintains production records as required.
· Compares identifying information of outgoing shipments and verifies information against orders or other records.
· Determines method of shipment.
· Affixes shipping labels on packed boxes/cartons.
· Organizes outgoing skids going to common carrier for delivery.
· Marks and labels packages according to customer requirements.
· Posts weights and shipping charges on documents for billing purposes.
· Prepares daily shipping record.
· Traces shipments when necessary.
· Maintains an accurate inventory system participating in regular cycle counts and regularly scheduled full inventory verifications.
· Inspects machine guards for safety compliance.
· Ensures compliance with company safety rules and policies.
High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information to one-on-one and small group situations and other employees of the organization.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standard situations.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.