Supplier Quality EngineerApply Job ID REF6637J Date posted 06/10/2022 Address 850 Steam Plant Road, Gallatin, TN Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
CIP (California Industrial Products) is a $120M business unit part of ITW North American Stamped Fasteners division. CIP specializes in the design and manufacturing of fasteners and related products. ITW CIP fasteners can be found on vehicle platforms around the world – securing fenders, bumpers, chassis assemblies, doors, interior components and much more.
The division drives profitability by leveraging its innovative solutions and application engineering. In addition to ITW’s industry leading research and development capabilities, CIP enhances our customers’ competitive advantage by…
• Maintaining advanced engineering and manufacturing facilities
• Exchanging product, process and benchmarking information with sister units worldwide.
• Continually improving processes, material and designs to ensure every product exceeds customer specifications while providing unparalleled value.
The position will report to the Supplier Quality Supervisor and is responsible for meeting the expectations of ITW and its customers regarding Delivery and Quality of all products purchased through the supply base. Investigate, analyze and resolve supplier quality problems by conducting audits, analyzing defect trends and leading continuous improvement projects.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty to the level of the ITW leadership expectations. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required, and other duties as assigned by manager:
- Ensures that all Supplier Quality related activities are carried out in a consistent and safe manner. Responsible to address any unsafe or non-environmentally friendly practices by internal employees or external suppliers.
- Work with strategic sourcing to ensure supplier performance is regularly reported and that appropriate and timely corrective actions are implemented
- Owner of customer responses (supplier based) and activities for the assigned commodity; this includes but is not limited to:
- Accessing customer specific web portals for data collection or reporting as required
- Visits to customer locations and or suppliers as required
- Coordinating of Customer returns of non-conforming product
- Coordination of containment, sort, and rework activities both internal & external that minimize costs and assure effectiveness
- Assuring customer issues and communications are timely and resolved expediently with robust corrective and preventive actions
- Maintaining and publishing specified supplier metrics (Ex: SQAs and scorecards)
- Responsible for creating work instructions to control processes
· Ensure Supplier Quality Manuals are being followed by Supplier (Ex: response times, chargebacks, etc)
· Champion problem solving and root cause analysis activities with suppliers and customers to eliminate recurrences of non‐conformances
· Work to resolve supplier technical issues in a timely manner to ensure continuity of supply
- Foster long‐term supplier relationships and generate and implement cost reduction ideas
- Drive “Zero Defect” mentality within the supply base
- Ensures supplier is following ITW’s supplier code of conduct
- Participate on the internal audit teams ( TS16949, LPA, 5s)
- Min 3 years’ experience in relevant manufacturing processes and automotive industry preferably Tier 1
- Preferred successful experience within a Tier 1 or 2 Automotive Supplier manufacturing facility
- Preferred Advanced knowledge of Automotive OEM quality standards, systems, and processes
- Preferred Product Launch / Production Start-up experience including all documentation, testing, data collection, and reporting
- Working knowledge of ISO/IATF16949/CQI/PFEMA/CONTROL PLAN requirements (certified ISO/IATF internal auditor preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering Discipline or equivalent
- Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) or equivalent is preferred
- Supplier development experience preferred
- Metallurgist Certification or experience preferred
- Advanced computer skills using Microsoft Office, SPC, Technical Drawings (GD&T)
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Must have a valid driver’s license and ability travel up to 10% of the time, including abroad when necessary
Critical Competencies for Success
- Excellent Communication Skills – Maintains an open flow of two-way communication, exhibiting strong verbal, written and presentation skills, stating expectations clearly and being visible to all stakeholders. Being a good listener is a critical success factor.
- Impeccable Integrity – Embodies and practices unquestioned personal and business integrity. Recognized as a highly credible team member. Creates an environment of trust by acting with fairness and consistency, keeping commitments, and providing
rationale for decisions.
- Team Player – An aggressive, results-oriented individual who, at the same time, is the consummate team player who can effectively negotiate with others to achieve win-win outcomes. He or she will be well respected by senior management, peers, and subordinates, and will be secure in his or her technical abilities.
- Open Minded – A resilient and committed leader with a flexible and open operating style; non-political and non-bureaucratic; someone with a natural and effective consultative approach who will gain the trust and respect of individuals at all levels.
Illinois Tool Works, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.