Quality Engineer Intern 2021Apply Job ID REF1013A Date posted 04/29/2021 Address 850 Steam Plant Road, Gallatin, TN Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
The heart and soul of ITW are the more than 48,000 hard-working and dedicated people around the world who thrive in the company’s decentralized entrepreneurial culture. ITW’s unique culture is a competitive advantage, and the company is working hard to make sure that its divisions continue to think and act like smaller companies. ITW businesses have significant flexibility within the framework of the ITW Business Model to customize their approach in order to best serve their customers and maximize performance. The foundation of our company is the ITW Business Model, a unique and differentiated set of core capabilities and business practices that comprises three key elements: ITW’s 80/20 Front to Back Process, customer-back innovation and a decentralized entrepreneurial culture.
ITW North American Stamped Fastener Division, (NASF), serves the major OEMs and their tier suppliers in the North American automotive market. The division supplies stamped metal fasteners and engineered fastener assemblies that leverage our deep-draw stamping technologies. The annual revenue for the division is approximately $170M.
The division drives profitability by leveraging its innovative solutions and application engineering. In addition to ITW’s industry leading research and development capabilities, NASF enhances our customers’ competitive advantage by:
- Maintaining advanced engineering and manufacturing facilities in N.A.
- Exchanging product, process and benchmarking information with sister units worldwide.
- Continually improving processes, material and designs to ensure every product exceeds customer specifications while providing unparalleled value.
Enterprise Internship Program Overview:
The exciting, full-time, paid Enterprise internship program runs for 12 weeks from late May to mid-August. You will intern in one of our departments based upon your skills, experiences and coursework and will work on challenging, real world assignments. You will be supervised by an Intern Manager and will work closely with and learn from a peer mentor. You will also have the opportunity to participate in many leadership development, networking and community building activities.
Internship Positions Available:
Multiple opportunities available. Interns will be placed in one of the following departments based upon interests, skills, experience & coursework:
- Sales (Troy, MI)
- Sourcing (Gallatin, TN)
- Quality Engineer (Gallatin, TN)
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s in a major related to the functional areas listed above, and have completed freshman year by beginning of program start date
- Solid record of academic achievement
- Self-motivation and sense of ownership and accountability
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently and professionally
- Demonstrated leadership skills through student organizations, athletics, volunteerism or similar activities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented with excellent time management and organizational skills
- Flexibility and ability to thrive in a rapidly changing, highly complex and fast paced environment
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.