Metal Stamping Press OperatorApply Job ID REF1409K Date posted 05/19/2021 Address 850 Steam Plant Road, Gallatin, TN Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
Located approximately 25 miles northeast of Nashville, TN. California Industrial Products (CIP) is a $100M business unit in ITW’s Automotive segment. CIP specializes in the design and manufacturing of stamped fasteners and related products. ITW CIP fasteners can be found on vehicle platforms around the world securing fenders, bumpers, chassis assemblies, doors, interior components and much more.
Operates power press to trim, punch, shape, notch, draw, or crimp metal by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assembles, installs, and aligns dies in press according to specifications.
- Adjusts ram stroke to specified height as needed.
- Positions work piece against fixtures or stops on machine bed or on die.
- Starts press and observes operation to detect misalignment or malfunction.
- Completes basic machine troubleshooting and corrective maintenance.
- Inspects work pieces for conformance to specifications and adjusts machine to correct errors. Isolates non-conforming product.
- Cleans and lubricates machines and maintains work area in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Positions and clamps feed guide.
- Thread metal strip from payout reel through pinch rollers or loads hopper or conveyor with metal blanks.
- Maintains a safe, clean and organized work environment at all times.
- Label, scan, and move product per specifications.
- Completes all paperwork as required Performance to comply with all company Procedures, Policies, Work Instructions, knowledge of internal and external requirements as well as TS16949, ISO 17025, OSHAS 18001 requirements.
- Assist in making improvements to the overall business using ITW operating principles.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); six to twelve months related experience and/or training is preferred.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Flexibility to work backshifts
- Possess strong work ethic, is a self-starter, has good attendance and works successfully in team settings.
- Strong mechanical aptitude Ability to read blueprints and to properly use precision measuring devices to ensure quality.
- Basic working knowledge of computer software, email, excel and internet.
- Knowledge of OSHA requirements to include Electrical Safety, Machine Guarding and Authorized Lockout/Tagout Procedures.
- Must possess good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Visual skills for accessing functionality of equipment and ability to solve practical problems with a variety of concrete variables. ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Illinois Tool Works, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.