Logistics SupervisorApply Job ID REF3163W Date posted 08/05/2021 Address 850 Steam Plant Road, Gallatin, TN Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
CIP (California Industrial Products) is a $120M business unit part of ITW North American Stamped Fasteners division. CIP specializes in the design and manufacturing of fasteners and related products. ITW CIP fasteners can be found on vehicle platforms around the world – securing fenders, bumpers, chassis assemblies, doors, interior components and much more.
The division drives profitability by leveraging its innovative solutions and application engineering. In addition to ITW’s industry leading research and development capabilities, CIP enhances our customers’ competitive advantage by…
• Maintaining advanced engineering and manufacturing facilities
• Exchanging product, process and benchmarking information with sister units worldwide.
• Continually improving processes, material and designs to ensure every product exceeds customer specifications while providing unparalleled value.
This position will primarily be responsible for management of the warehouse, sorting and packaging functions and supervision of associated personnel. This role will distribute all work loads, schedule sorting and packaging, maintain inventory quality and integrity by performing routine walk through inspections, oversee building and equipment maintenance, and maintain accurate records in accordance with all requirements.
· Supervise the day to day operations of Internal/External Warehouse’s, Internal/External sort operations and Shipping team to insure the department is within standards to meet customers’ demands.
· Working knowledge of key shipping systems: AS400 – Future 3, SPEDE barcoding, and PRMS.
· Working knowledge of shipping and receiving requirements for GM, FORD, Chrysler, and major Tier 1 automotive suppliers
· They will need to respond to all Customer service and or Shipping CQC’s (Customer Quality Concerns). They are responsible for the review of CARS and revise Control Plans and or FMEAs as appropriate. Lead the company’s MP&L (Materials Planning & Logistics) and MMOG (Materials Management Operations Guidelines) processes to ensure ITW CIP’s systems are aligned and in compliance to automotive industry requirements.
· They will participate in annual internal, 2nd and 3rd party audits.
· Develop, recommend, and implement system enhancements designed at streamlining processes with focus on continuous improvement, utilizing and embracing the ITW Toolbox (80/20, PLS, USA).
· Establish operational objectives and assignments for business unit personnel. Maintain and cultivate a positive working environment that enables employees to understand and identify company goals, encouraging team performance. Resolve personnel issues as required in a timely manner.
· Maintain close contact with customer base to ensure focused timely response to customer requirements, including customer inquiries and delivery.
· Exercise all elements of supervision over business unit personnel including training in job duties, maintaining work schedules, selecting and orienting new personnel, recording performance, and appraising salary increases, promotions, transfers and dismissals.
· Work with the Operations Accounting Department in conjunction with credit and financial situations of customers to include credit, collections and related administrative functions.
· Ensure environmental and safety work practices and quality program requirements are implemented and maintained throughout the business unit.
· Perform other related duties as assigned.
· 5 years’ warehouse experience in a fast paced, high volume environment in the automotive industry. Prior experience as a Supervisor/Lead experience, preferably within Warehouse/Shipping department.
· A college degree in related field preferred or equivalent work experience
· Possesses the knowledge and skills necessary to resolve situations covering all aspects of the business, and the ability to recognize continuous improvement and implement.
· Demonstrated experience resolving customer related issues.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Personal computer literacy/experience, including proficient skills in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word.
· Able to function independently, exercising independent judgment and decision making within his/her level of authority.
· This position will need to have a high regard for detail and accuracy, especially in record keeping. In addition to having knowledge of all warehouse and packaging functions, they will need to be familiar with portions of the shipping clerk’s duties such as printing paperwork and the ability to send ASNs (Advance Shipping Notices).
- Strong leadership characteristics
- Steward of the ITW toolbox
- Takes initiative to continuously learn
- Thrives on the success of other and the team
- Adapts quickly to new situations and circumstances
- Thrives in ambiguous situations
- Self-aware, recognizes his/her strengths and development needs
- Able to build strong relationships with others both internally and externally
Illinois Tool Works, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.