Customer Service SupervisorApply Job ID REF1749K Date posted 04/05/2021 Address 850 Steam Plant Road, Gallatin, TN Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
CIP (California Industrial Products) is a $120M business unit part of ITW North American Stamped Fasteners division. CIP specializes in the design and manufacturing of fasteners and related products. ITW CIP fasteners can be found on vehicle platforms around the world – securing fenders, bumpers, chassis assemblies, doors, interior components and much more.
The division drives profitability by leveraging its innovative solutions and application engineering. In addition to ITW’s industry leading research and development capabilities, CIP enhances our customers’ competitive advantage by…
• Maintaining advanced engineering and manufacturing facilities
• Exchanging product, process and benchmarking information with sister units worldwide.
• Continually improving processes, material and designs to ensure every product exceeds customer specifications while providing unparalleled value.
The Customer Service Supervisor will report to the Supply Chain Manager and own the customer facing on-time delivery and communication of high-quality finished goods and services to the end customer. This position will provide overall leadership to Customer Service Representatives in service and delivery to all customers meeting Market Rate of Demand (MRD) and ITW revenue forecasts. The Customer Service Supervisor is responsible for effective communication and partnership with supply chain, operations, engineering and sales functions ensuring customer requirements are communicated and met. The Customer Service Supervisor will lead and support continuous improvements in safety, quality, delivery, and operating costs by the deployment of strategies and actions delivering to financial and personnel plans.
- Accurately input sales orders and provide support for confirmations, proof of deliveries, credit memos, product inquiries etc.
- Support customer accounts through customer relationship building, product awareness and application support
- Coordinates shipments with shipping clerks
- Approves special price concessions, quotes, bid allowances, or adjustments, with support from Supply Chain Manager
- Maintain and update YOY customer price reduction with support of Account Manager / Sales Manager
- Track on time delivery measurable for IATF
- Participates in and lead small ITW Toolbox initiatives such as In-Lining, MRD, PLS, USa and/or 80/20 analysis.
- Supervises performance of staff members including completion of performance appraisals, development, and training plans; assesses and develops talent objectively and candidly.
- Compiles data on order volume, production schedules and forecasts, and applies statistical methods to estimate future materials requirements.
- Support production for EOP of programs to avoid obsolete stock
- Coordinates and participates in annual physical inventory.
Utilizes lessons learned and continuous improvement practices to read-across corrections or best practices eliminating and preventing risk in the organization.
On call responsibility for the facility.
- Other duties may be assigned.
ITW Leadership Expectations:
Strategically Positions the Business
Understands customer specific requirements and defines both personnel and technical resources needed to provide on-time, high-quality service and delivery to customers accelerating revenue growth and increasing customer satisfaction.
Accountable for forecasting and delivering to monthly financial performance metrics related to revenue, labor, and costs meeting annual plan objectives.
Leads and facilitates customer facing communication and pro-actively directs the resolution of issues through close collaboration with sales & engineering, manufacturing, quality, outside vendors, and other key stakeholders.
Champions the ITW Leadership Development framework; sources, develops, and retains a diverse talent pipeline identifying key leaders for future roles.
Position Skills and Experience Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Post-secondary education preferred; AA, AS, AAS, BA or BS degree, preferably in engineering, operations or logistical management, or business.
Supervisory or leadership experience preferred; 3-5 years’ experience in a leadership role in a fast-paced manufacturing environment, preferably automotive.
Highly collaborative with demonstrated effectiveness working with external customers and internal stakeholders.
Strong working knowledge of business operations and customer requirements.
Proven metrics-oriented management style.
Great coaching and mentoring abilities.
Must be process-oriented with a strong bias for results.
History of holding employees at all levels accountable to results and rewarding outstanding efforts of team members.
Must be a change agent with energy, passion and enthusiasm.
Self-motivated with excellent organizational, analytical, problem solving, and leadership skills.
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Strong PC skills, including proficiency with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Future3/INFOR, EDI, AS400 (ERP), automotive portals and systems experience is a plus.
Minimal travel required; primarily domestic
Illinois Tool Works, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.