Customer Service RepresentativeApply Job ID REF1136I Date posted 04/05/2021 Address 850 Steam Plant Road, Gallatin, TN Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
The heart and soul of ITW are the more than 48,000 hard-working and dedicated people around the world who thrive in the company’s decentralized entrepreneurial culture. ITW’s unique culture is a competitive advantage, and the company is working hard to make sure that its divisions continue to think and act like smaller companies. ITW businesses have significant flexibility within the framework of the ITW Business Model to customize their approach in order to best serve their customers and maximize performance. The foundation of our company is the ITW Business Model, a unique and differentiated set of core capabilities and business practices that comprises three key elements: ITW’s 80/20 Front to Back Process, customer-back innovation and a decentralized entrepreneurial culture.
ITW North American Stamped Fastener Division, (NASF), serves the major OEMs and their tier suppliers in the North American automotive market. The division supplies stamped metal fasteners and engineered fastener assemblies that leverage our deep-draw stamping technologies. The annual revenue for the division is approximately $170M.
The division drives profitability by leveraging its innovative solutions and application engineering. In addition to ITW’s industry leading research and development capabilities, NASF enhances our customers’ competitive advantage by:
- Maintaining advanced engineering and manufacturing facilities in N.A.
- Exchanging product, process and benchmarking information with sister units worldwide.
- Continually improving processes, material and designs to ensure every product exceeds customer specifications while providing unparalleled value.
The Customer Service Representative is responsible for representing CIP by serving our customers. Requests and inquiries come in via phone, email, fax, as well as direct contact from our sales force. Gaining a quick understanding of customer needs, responding promptly, and providing solutions for customers are the keys to developing and maintaining strong customer relationships. This position performs proactive product expediting and data entry to ensure a timely and accurate understanding of customer transactions. These duties are performed mainly for automotive customers in the assigned market segment of our business.
· Relationship management of assigned key accounts.
· Service customers seeking assistance with multiple issues such as returns, replacements, refunds, delivery status and back order inquiries, problem resolution, and any other issues that may arise from the order fulfillment process.
· Handle requests for expedites, exceptions, substitutions, allocations orders, and/or special problems.
Evaluate, monitor, and escalate any potential production outages that may impact customers to Management with recommendations.
· Interact and coordinate with various departments to ensure on-time deliveries to customers.
· Perform order entry by interpreting customer EDI releases and cums.
· Analyze inventory to determine availability of SKUs based on customer demand.
· Work with Accounting to resolve customer credit/pricing issues.
· Act as liaison with customer to set up expedites and make sure expedite is coded properly.
· Back-up Shipping office – sending ASNS, print shippers and create pick lists.
· General filing and scanning.
· Cross-training – all team members are trained on customer-specific guidelines and procedures.
- Record customer complaints returns and non-conforming parts (return goods authorization procedures).
- Portals and Automotive systems monitored and checked as required by customers.
- All other duties as assigned by Manager.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required:
- High School or GED is required.
- 3+ years manufacturing customer service experience - automotive preferred.
- Must have strong communication skills and present a positive, professional image of ITW both internally and externally.
- High sense of urgency for customer satisfaction.
- Requires skill in defusing agitated situations. Ability to effectively present pricing information, manufacturing lead-time changes and other related data to customers.
- Must be capable of meeting deadlines based on customer demand.
- Must be capable of perform all functions with minimal errors and omissions.
- Highly proficient in MS Office suite of products
- Future3/INFOR experience is a plus.
- Understands at basic level minimum the ASN process.
- Must be able to organize and prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Some weekends/afterhours required on a rotating basis is required.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.