3rd shift- Heat Treat MaintenanceApply Job ID REF2359A Date posted 04/28/2021 Address 850 Steam Plant Road, Gallatin, TN Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
We are currently recruiting motivated team players to join our Heat Treat Maintenance department. ITW CIP is a fast growing, fast paced company that obtains a safety driven culture with excellent benefits and competitive wages.
Located approximately 25 miles northeast of Nashville, TN. California Industrial Products (CIP) is a $100M business unit in ITW’s Automotive segment. CIP specializes in the design and manufacturing of stamped fasteners and related products. ITW CIP fasteners can be found on vehicle platforms around the world securing fenders, bumpers, chassis assemblies, doors, interior components and much more.
Dual role to support one or more heat treat furnace machines and complete general maintenance, to harden the manufactured product to specifications on production basis by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Ability to cover both sides of Heat Treat when needed for breaks and/or lunches
· Maneuver barrels with metal product manually or using barrel dollies and barrel dumpsters secures barrels and loads automatic feeding device.
· Weighing totes and creating and scanning labels
· Keep barrels and totes free of parts, foreign material and oil.
· Starts machine, engages feed, keep probes clean to maintain an even consistent product load on furnace belt and observes operation.
· Maintain machine controls and guides to consistently adjust machine to remain in compliance with product specifications.
· Obtains samples and completes testing, such as hardness, soap concentration (upper), light oil & titration (lower) as specified.
· Replace or repair worn machine accessories such as tightening bolts, replacing phos straps, swapping motors, changing steam coils as well as assist HT maintenance when needed.
· Maintains process documentation consistently.
· Perform or assist in the salt reclaim process.
· Daily 5S duties and LPA completion
· Adjusts flow of chemicals to machine reservoir and turns valve to start flow of soaps, phos and light oil.
· Maintains a safe, clean and organized work environment at all times.
· Performance to comply with all company Procedures, Policies, Work Instructions, knowledge of internal and external requirements as well as TS16949 requirements.
Maintenance Duties include but not limited to:
· Studies blueprints, sketches, machine parts or specifications to determine type and dimensions of metal stock required.
· Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on metal stock surfaces.
· Dismantles heat treat lines or equipment to examine parts for defect or to remove defective parts.
· Replaces defective parts with new part or repairs or reproduces part from various kinds of metal stock.
· Assembles and test operates heat treat lines to verify correction or malfunction.
· Maintains and lubricates heat treat lines and/or equipment throughout the facility as per TPM and MP2 schedule.
· Assists other maintenance personnel to ensure proper working conditions of equipment in heat treat area such as salt belts, hearth trays, vibratory pan.
· Observes and listens to operating heat treat lines or equipment to diagnose machine malfunction and determines needs for adjustment or repair.
· Maintain inventory of maintenance repair parts for heat treat process
· Maintain heat treat maintenance storage area at all times
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); two-year college or technical school; or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills and Abilities
· Strong mechanical aptitude
· Basic computer skills
· Strong work ethic and good organizational skills
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
· Ability to write simple correspondence.
· Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. English is necessary.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
· Skills and ability to be Fork Lift Licensed
· Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
· Ability to handle extreme heat, wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals.
Illinois Tool Works, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.