Test EngineerApply Job ID REF2043E Date posted 03/23/2021 Address 3077 Skyway Court, Fremont, CA Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Brooks Instrument, a global manufacturer of flow and pressure measurement and control products for critical applications, and a division of ITW (A Fortune 200 Company) is seeking candidates for a Test Engineer. This position will be based out of our Technology Development facility in Fremont, CA. Headquartered in Hatfield, Pennsylvania, Brooks Instrument has manufacturing facilities in the United States, Hungary and Korea. The Company also maintains sales offices throughout the world. Our products are used in laboratory and process applications in end markets such as: life sciences, chemicals, semiconductor, analytical instruments, nuclear, and solar cells.
To plan, develop, execute, and analyze tests methods and data for the testing of advanced electro-mechanical fluid and pressure systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
*Marginal position functions that are not included among the essential duties and responsibilities in this position description are also requirements of this position.
- Working with and designing hardware setups to test Mass Flow Devices.
- Develop small and medium scale applications for automated data collection.
- Thoroughly document testing methodology, equipment, and results in a formalized report in a fast-paced environment to inform development teams of progress and keep record.
- Review and verify current product specifications, engineering specifications and drawings.
- Prepare validation or performance qualification protocols for new or modified manufacturing products, processes, systems, and equipment.
- Develop new acceleration techniques and analytical tools to assure early identification of potential problems.
- Generate test plans and develop reliability engineering programs. Ownership of these programs through completion.
- Analyze projected product utilization and calculate cumulative effect on final system reliability of individual part reliabilities.
- Resolve testing problems by modifying testing methods or revising test objectives and standards.
- Advise design engineering groups to give reliability findings and recommendations.
- Support sustaining engineering efforts with validation testing.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Basic knowledge of fluid dynamics, heat and mass transfer, and electronic circuitry.
- Proficiency in automation programming (ie, LabVIEW and/or C# and/or Visual Basic)
- Ability to plan, develop, set up and conduct automated experiments using electro-mechanical hardware and instrumentation.
- Hands-on experience with data acquisition systems (DAQ), sensor interfacing (analog and digital), pneumatic, and electro-mechanical systems. Preferred experience with National Instruments hardware.
- Preferred hands on experience with vacuum systems and leak testing.
- Comfortable with assembling VCR and IGS components typically found in a gas box.
- Preferred CAD modeling experience (SolidWorks).
- Technical report writing skills required.
- Highly motivated self-starter with a high degree of initiative, creativity, and problem-solving ability.
- Ability to get along with others in a team environment.
- Ability to follow all safety procedures.
Education and Experience
- B.S. Degree in Engineering required. MSME or MSEE degree preferred.
- 2 or more years of relevant work experience required.
The opportunity to join a well established (70 + years in business) yet dynamically changing organization that works together as a team to meet the challenges of satisfying customers’ needs and managing rapid growth to better compete in a global marketplace.
ITW Company Overview
ITW was built on innovation and the strength of new ideas. These values have helped us expand into multiple platforms in nearly 60 countries. But at each of our businesses, the independent entrepreneurial spirit and freedom to innovate remain strong. It’s the highly talented people at ITW businesses all over the world who drive our success through new products and customer driven solutions. Together, we are ITW—a Fortune 200 company that has prospered for 100 years, and changed the way people live and work, all over the world.
Please visit our website: http://www.brooksinstrument.com/
Brooks Instrument is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without required to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.