Semiconductor Sr. Applications EngineerApply Job ID REF5189R Date posted 04/14/2022 Address 3077 Skyway Court, Fremont, CA Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Brooks Instrument, a global manufacturer of flow and pressure measurement and control products for critical applications, and a division of ITW (A Fortune 200 Company) is seeking candidates for a Semiconductor Sr. Applications Engineer. This position will be based out of our location at Fremont, California. Brooks maintains manufacturing, sales, and service center facilities around the world, and our products are used in laboratory and process applications in end markets such as: life sciences, petro-chemicals, semiconductor, analytical instrumentation, nuclear, and solar cells.
A key role within the Brooks Semiconductor Business Unit, the Senior Applications Engineer is viewed as a technical expert on Brooks Instrument products, have a solid understanding of semiconductor manufacturing processes and how Brooks products are used within these applications. The Senior Applications Engineer will perform tests and product demonstrations in accordance with customer specified protocols, supporting account management and field customer support staff, in addition to working closely with technical support teams, product marketing and engineering to achieve Brooks business goals. The senior applications engineer will work closely with account management, providing technical sales support, oversee product qualifications efforts and successfully deliver solutions to our customers. As a key technical resource, he/she will be a contributor to New Product Development, Customer Back Innovation and technology development roadmaps.
This position requires an experienced applications engineer with a solid track record of working with Semiconductor OEMs and/or End Users to deliver the results required. The position requires an individual who is a self-starter and who can simultaneously work closely with Key Accounts sales teams, provide hands-on support to Key Customers as well as communicate and leverage the Semi BU resources. The consummate team player who will effectively negotiate with others to achieve win-win outcomes, maintain an open flow of communication, clearly state expectations while achieving desired results. The successful candidate must exhibit a sense of urgency to support Brooks’ competitive edge by serving as a technical catalyst for innovative thinking.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical product sales support to account management and oversee product qualification efforts at all key semiconductor accounts.
- Assist customers with applications requirements, translate customers’ needs and requirements into specifications for Brooks’ products and services. Identify opportunities for new products or services
- Develop relationships with key members of the technical staff at our Semiconductor OEM accounts
- Assist customers with product selections, sizing and configuration to best fit customer application
- Assist customers and Sales team with specific requirements not covered by Brooks Instrument standard product offering.
- Provide clear requirements and direction to the Product Management and engineering teams to drive Customer Back Innovation projects.
- Work with Technical Support, Sales, Product Management, Quality, Engineering and Operations to resolve field issues and escalations at assigned customers in a timely manner with corrective actions fully completed and approved by customers
- Manage new product customer qualifications. Be a key point of contact for all activities related to evaluation of Beta products at assigned customer accounts.
- Track evaluations from initial installation through each step of testing through to final decision - document and share lessons learned from opportunities.
- Provide regular intelligence and report on key account evaluations and progress.
- Regularly report on field issues and trends.
- Maintain product awareness and provide required training to sales and customers.
- Keep current with technological and competitive developments. Identify and understand existing and emerging semiconductor applications for Brooks' products and identify promising areas of research or technology that address current needs and have larger potential markets.
- Communicate changes in customer requirements.
- Support technical promotion of Brooks Instrument products.
- Provide content for sales support and training materials that promote Brooks products competitive differentiators and enhance effectiveness of all selling activities.
- Provide training to customers, sales and the internal organization
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Masters degree in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry or equivalent technical background (PhD Preferred)
- Preferred minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience in field applications engineering role and support in the semiconductor industry.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of semiconductor wafer processing equipment and processes (e.g. Plasma Etching, Chemical Vapor Deposition, Atomic Layer Deposition. Photoresist Strip etc.)
- Previous experience with control and measurement equipment, ideally with Mass Flow Controllers from Brooks Instrument or direct competitors would be an advantage
- Proven experience in establishing and nurturing customer relationships. Extensive existing customer relations a plus
- Must have proven success and demonstrated ability to solve customer problems and deliver customer satisfaction
- Effective communication/customer interaction/presentation skills.
- Ability to be flexible and deal effectively with change to balance competing business needs.
- Excellent analytical, verbal, written, and presentation skills required.
Our employees enjoy competitive, merit-based salary plus excellent benefits including:
- Health and dental insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance / Short and Long Term Disability
- 401K plan with generous company match
- Vacation, personal days and holidays
- Continuing education reimbursement program
- Flexible spending accounts
The opportunity to join a well established (75 + years in business) yet dynamically changing organization that works together as a team to meet the challenges of satisfying customers’ needs and managing rapid growth to better compete in a global marketplace.
ITW Company Overview
ITW was built on innovation and the strength of new ideas. These values have helped us expand into multiple platforms in nearly 60 countries. But at each of our businesses, the independent entrepreneurial spirit and freedom to innovate remain strong. It’s the highly talented people at ITW businesses all over the world who drive our success through new products and customer driven solutions. Together, we are ITW—a Fortune 200 company that has prospered for 100 years, and changed the way people live and work, all over the world.
Please visit our website: http://www.brooksinstrument.com/
Brooks Instrument is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without required to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.