Staff AccountantApply Job ID REF5129A Date posted 04/14/2022 Address 21555 South Harlem Avenue, Frankfort, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE: ITW) is a diversified manufacturing company that delivers specialized expertise, innovative thinking and value-added products to meet critical customer needs in a variety of industries. ITW, with approximately 18 billion dollars in global revenues, operates 8 major segments with businesses in 56 countries that employ approximately 51,000 women and men. These talented individuals, many of whom have specialized engineering or scientific expertise, contribute to our global leadership in innovation. We are proud of our broad portfolio of more than 10,000 active patents.
ITW Deltar Fasteners serves all the major OEMs and their tier suppliers with plastic fasteners totalling approximately $225M in revenues. Units include: Frankfort, IL; Chippewa Falls, WI and our Commercial Sales and Engineering in Troy, MI.
The division drives profitability by leveraging its innovative solutions and application engineering. In addition to ITW’s industry leading research and development capabilities, ITW Deltar Fasteners enhance our customers’ competitive advantage by…
- Maintaining advanced engineering and manufacturing facilities in NA.
- Exchanging product, process and benchmarking information with sister units worldwide.
- Continually improving processes, material and designs to ensure every product exceeds customer specifications while providing unparalleled value.
The Staff Accountant will report to the Assistant Controller - Deltar Fasteners and will be responsible for a wide variety of analytical and specialized Accounting administrative support including: cash posting, customer account maintenance, credit monitoring, customer billings, maintaining records & systems, and generating reports for accounting. In addition, this role includes the performance of detailed accounting to support and meet financial reporting and internal control requirements. This role will be based out of Frankfort, IL.
· Manage and perform Accounts Receivable functions including cash receipts posting, account reconciliations, customer maintenance, and collection efforts
· Responsible for customer billings for product shipments, tooling, and other miscellaneous charges
· Prepare bi-weekly payroll journal entries and related labor accruals
· Responsible for areas such as cash management, travel expenses, and procurement cards
· Prepare account reconciliations, variance analyses, and various accrual calculations
· Perform month-end closing procedures and assist with annual tax kit and audit reviews
· Monitor compliance with company policies and internal control procedures
· Support projects from various managers and maintain necessary files and reports
· Other duties and projects as assigned
Position Skills and Experience Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· 4-year Accounting degree or equivalent education and/or related experience
· 1-2 years of previous accounting experience (manufacturing environment preferred)
· Excellent understanding of accounting principles
· Position requires a professional, enthusiastic, detailed oriented individual with proven organizational and communication skills, both written and verbal
· Strong organizational, analytical, and time management skills
· Proficient with Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, Outlook, and Sharepoint
· Self-motivated, ability to multitask, and high level of professionalism
· Ability to learn new skills and the desire for upward mobility and professional growth
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.