Relief OperatorApply Job ID REF5041K Date posted 04/14/2022 Address 21701 South Harlem Avenue, Frankfort, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE: ITW) is a diversified manufacturing company that delivers specialized expertise, innovative thinking and value-added products to meet critical customer needs in a variety of industries. ITW, with approximately 14.8 billion dollars in global revenues, operates 7 major segments with businesses in 55 countries that employ approximately 48,000 women and men. These talented individuals, many of whom have specialized engineering or scientific expertise, contribute to our global leadership in innovation. We are proud of our broad portfolio of more than 17,000 active patents.
ITW Deltar Fasteners serves all the major OEMs and their tier suppliers with plastic fasteners totaling approximately $280M in revenues. Units include: Frankfort, IL; Chippewa Falls, WI and our Commercial Sales and Engineering in Troy, MI.
The division drives profitability by leveraging its innovative solutions and application engineering. In addition to ITW’s industry leading research and development capabilities, ITW Deltar Fasteners enhance our customers’ competitive advantage by…
- Maintaining advanced engineering and manufacturing facilities in NA.
- Exchanging product, process and benchmarking information with sister units worldwide.
- Continually improving processes, material and designs to ensure every product exceeds customer specifications while providing unparalleled value.
Summary: Provide scheduled break and lunch relief for all designated work stations. Ensure schedule is followed and coordinate any change in schedule.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provide schedule break and lunch relief for assigned work stations.
• Coordinate with Production Leaders and Supervisors any delay or changes to the schedule.
• Counsel Operators when schedule is not followed.
• Operate assembly machine and auxiliary equipment.
• Training of new Operators.
• Inspect and assemble parts/assemblies as processed, per work instructions.
• Trouble-shoot and repair minor machine problems.
• Restart machine after repair or notify Automation Technician if repair is unsuccessful.
• Package parts per work instructions.
• Responsible for notifying, Production Supervisor, Line Lead, Quality Inspector, Automation Technician, and/or Manager of any and all defects detected.
• Responsible for the quality of product processed.
• To maintain assigned workstation in an organized and clean manner.
• Ability to completed necessary paperwork.
• Remove any old labels from Gaylord boxes & totes.
• Label boxes/totes.
• Will be assigned daily duties for before and after relief schedule.
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Experience in a manufacturing environment required
• Knowledge of multiple product lines preferred
• Must be self-motivated and able to work in a Team environment
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule including overtime and weekends
• Must be able to read, write, and speak English
• Must have good oral and written communication skills
• Must be able to push, pull, stoop, lift, bend, reach, and stand for a full shift
• Must be able to lift 35 lbs.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.