Quality InspectorApply Job ID REF844V Date posted 04/05/2021 Address 21701 S Harlem Ave, Frankfort, ILLINOIS Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
ITW is a Fortune Manufacturing Company with Multi-Billion Dollar revenue and fifty thousand employees world-wide. Known for innovation, diversification, and excellent financial performance. The Body and Fuel Division drive profitability by leveraging its innovative solutions and application engineering. In addition to ITW’s industry leading research and development capabilities, ITW Body and Fuel enhances our customers’ competitive advantage.
Body and Fuel is a business group within ITW’s Automotive segment with manufacturing locations in North America. Our Body and Fuel products are made up of housings and doors, innovative Capless solutions and charge ports for major OEMs around the world.
- Communicate quality related suggestions and concerns to manufacturing personnel and appropriate managers.
- Perform first piece approval to run and in-process inspections in accordance with quality requirements to assure conformance.
- Utilize common gauging (calipers, micrometers, pin gauges, height gauges) to determine if parts meet the quality specifications.
- Maintain boundary boards for part quality comparison.
- Follow containment process for rejected materials by properly marking and moving the material to the appropriate areas and performing necessary shutdowns after notifying management.
- Verify part quality, correct packaging and correct labeling of materials for storage and shipment.
- Play an intricate part in the training of new employees on part quality and inspection requirements.
- Enter accurate measurement data, material lot information and components into our SPC data collection system “Proficient”.
- In addition to the above items, be a team player and assist in other areas in times of need.
- All other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Must be able to work overtime when needed and be flexible
- Minimum of 1 years of experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in injection molding
- Must be extremely detail oriented with an excellent organizational skill set
- Above average visual skills for accessing part quality,
- Math Skills- must be able to add and subtract with some multiplication and division
- Computer Skills- must have a working knowledge of computers & accessing the internet
- Experience using measuring devices (calipers, dial indicators, height gauges) and a pallet jack preferred
- Ability to interpret basic blue prints preferred
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 1+ years manufacturing experience (Quality background a plus)
- Good measuring skills (ie. Caliper, micrometer preferred)
- Able to read a blue print and differentiate colors
- Must have good oral and written communication skills
- Computer Skills (MS Office, word and excel)
- Must be able to work in a team or individual environment
- Self-motivated individual
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 35 pounds
- Must be able to work a flexible shift, including overtime and weekends
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Must be able to bend, push, pull, stoop, and stand for majority of the work shift.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to handle and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Alternative or combined skills in understanding, counseling, and/or influencing people are important in achieving job objectives, causing action, understanding others, or changing behavior; and, skills of persuasiveness or assertiveness, as well as sensitivity to the point of view of others.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.