Plant ManagerApply Job ID REF6255W Date posted 04/25/2022 Address 21701 South Harlem Avenue, Frankfort, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE: ITW) is a diversified manufacturing company that delivers specialized expertise, innovative thinking and value-added products to meet critical customer needs in a variety of industries. ITW, with approximately 14.8 billion dollars in global revenues, operates 7 major segments with businesses in 55 countries that employ approximately 48,000 women and men. These talented individuals, many of whom have specialized engineering or scientific expertise, contribute to our global leadership in innovation. We are proud of our broad portfolio of more than 17,000 active patents.
The Plant Manager provides leadership in both day-to-day and long term aspects required to oversee all facility operational functions and reports to the Director of Operations. The Plant Manager will be responsible for directing and coordinating activities of the site to obtain optimum efficiency and economy of operations. This includes: production, process improvements, quality, maintenance, warehouse and customer service functions. In addition, this position manages the relationships between the plant, sales, vendors and all activities related to operations. This position provides strategic leadership and coordination on manufacturing projects in support of the Director of Operations. Manufacturing project types include continuous improvement, process development, USa, quad analysis, talent development, business system development and quality system improvements. This position is responsible for one of the 80 Body and Fuel facilities in Frankfort IL.
- Manage this growing operating division with focus on operational excellence in production, continuous improvement, quality, on-time delivery and just-in-time inventory levels.
- Passionate about leading a World Class operation
- Drive margin improvements - obtain, analyze and improve all the operational KPI’s of the plant by using Lean Manufacturing Methods to improve OEE (Kaizen events, 5S, SMED, KanBan)
- Surveillance of plant safety and ergonomics standards
- Analyzes plant layout to optimize floor space, maintain safety and improves throughput
- Reviews production costs and product quality and modifies production, quality and inventory control programs to maintain and enhance profitable operation of plant.
- Work with Logistics team to optimize raw material purchasing to meet inventory and cash flow goals, while maintaining zero premium freight at OEMs.
- Continuously seek and implement cost and waste reduction programs
- Support sales and advanced engineering team to meet on time developments and gives them technical support as needed. Resulting in 100% safe launch status in a rapidly growing business.
- Coordinate & motivate all the team members and departments under their responsibilities (tooling, maintenance, production, quality, manufacturing engineering, materials planning, and logistics).
- Identify, develop and lead talent to maximize individual, team and operational effectiveness. Manage, coach, and develop talent with a focus on developing the next generation of leaders.
- Develop the Best in Class operator culture - Lead and support team performance with a culture of accountability. Engages the workforce to maximize operational inputs
- Facilitates and enforces all the company policies and procedures as they are outlined and defined.
- Continue improvements in safety record and increase ownership of the safety program to the operator level. Focus to be placed on improving, tracking and correcting of hazards / near misses reducing overall hazard opportunities in the facility
- Develop, implement and oversee manufacturing plans and strategies including capacity planning regarding equipment, training, staffing, raw materials, packaging, systems, and general operations improvements.
- Monitor, report, and initiate action on results of efficiencies, quality, safety, delivery and costs.
- Oversee fair and consistent administration of policies, work rules, disciplinary actions, promotions, performance reviews, pay increases, skill development, and job performance counseling for reports.
- Partnering with Human Resources manage personnel issues within the facility, including such functions as staffing, compensation, behavioral issues, termination, transfer and promotions.
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree required and 3-5 years related experience at a managerial level, Master’s Degree a plus
- Tier 1 Automotive supplier manufacturing experience required
- Experience with injection molding and assembly processes preferred
- Knowledge of financials (P&L) and data driven decision making preferred
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt preferred
- Effective problem resolution skills combined with “big picture” awareness
- Excellent interpersonal communication, presentation, negotiation, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of VP’s, Directors, Managers, customers, and other employees
- Lean Manufacturing expert and change agent
- Broad Experience in operations management and systems preferred
- Proficient Computer Skills, working knowledge of Microsoft (Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
· Work normally requires a low level of physical effort in bending, lifting, and manual dexterity
· Computer/telephone use is moderate
· Travel required domestic and internationally
· Frequent walking
Alternative or combined skills in understanding, counseling, and/or influencing people are important in achieving job objectives, causing action, understanding others, or changing behavior; and, skills of persuasiveness or assertiveness, as well as sensitivity to the point of view of others.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.