Operations ManagerApply Job ID REF2532I Date posted 05/15/2021 Address 21601 South Harlem Avenue, Frankfort, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
ITW (Illinois Tool Works Inc.) is a Fortune 200 company and is one of the world’s leading diversified manufacturers of specialized industrial equipment, automotive components, consumables, and related service businesses. ITW businesses serve local customers and markets around the globe, with operations in 55 countries and an employee base of more than 48,000 women and men who adhere to the highest ethical standards. These talented individuals, many of whom have specialized engineering or scientific expertise, contribute to our global leadership in innovation. We are proud of our broad portfolio of more than 17,000 granted and pending patents.
The Seats, Safety & Motion Division within the ITW Automotive Segment delivers highly differentiated, precision-engineered plastic solutions to our “80” global OEMs & Tiers across North America and Europe through customer back innovation, targeted at addressing the emerging pain points associated with passenger seating & comfort, and ensuring best-in-class quality & delivery through our commitment to 80/20 operational excellence.
The Seats (HRB) and Motion business fits within the Seats, Safety & Motion Division and is a market leader in the manufacture of plastic head-rest bezels, battery indicators, and interior dampers and latches. Our business is seeking an Operations Manager to provide Leadership to the US operations team across 3 locations (IL and CT).
The Operations Manager is a critical leadership role for the Division in North America and is responsible for proposing, leading and delivering on the financial revenue and operating income objectives for the Motion & Head Rest Bezels Business. He/She is responsible for the plastic injection molding and assembly manufacturing process, supply chain, safety and quality to deliver on the Heat Map metrics for three sites in the US. The role drives key plant performance metrics to ensures timely delivery of a quality product, in quantities that meet customer demand and at a cost that insures profitability and growth consistent with ITW objectives.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES - Motion & Head Rest Bezels (HRB) US:
- Deliver on P&L for each manufacturing plant and the overall business.
- Develop robust manufacturing plans to establish procedures for maintaining high standards of manufacturing operations to ensure that products conform to established customer and company quality standards. (Manufacturing locations are Frankfort IL, Tinley Park IL and Lakeville CT)
- Define key performance metrics and monitor performance to exceed KPI targets.
- Ensure compliance with company needs for capital investments and improvement projects and execute on all operational CAPEX projects.
- Collaborate across the division and the segment if required, by working with other businesses to implement strategies and action plans that deliver the most efficient and effective supply chain and distribution. Consistently reduces costs through productivity gains.
- Establish and drive 'Model Factory'
- Apply the ITW toolbox to identify, recommend and implement changes to improve conversion costs through productivity, cost, scrap and rework reduction.
- Increase quality of practice of MRD in manufactured and purchased products to achieve excellent delivery service while optimizing inventory levels.
- Closely collaborate with engineering, sales and sourcing teams to ensure proper launch of new products with the expected cost and timing.
- Manage compliance with state and federal regulations and company standards.
- Provide leadership for employee relations through effective communications, coaching, training and development.
- Coaches, mentors and develops talent within the team. Builds a diverse, high performing organization.
- Define and implement the safety strategies to reach our zero accidents goal.
- Support other duties, as assigned
- 10+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment, including Automotive experience
- 4+ years of plant management experience with a proven track record of success in leading and improving operational performance and key financial metrics; Multi-site management experience preferred
- 7+ years of people management experience with a proven track record of success.
- Understanding of Plastic Injection Molding
- Familiarity with a variety of quality, manufacturing and engineering concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- Working knowledge of local and federal governmental requirements (OSHA)
- Personal attributes including strong leadership presence, high-energy, ownership and financial acumen
- Demonstrated proficiency with data analytics within Microsoft Excel, ERP Systems, and Microsoft Office
- High level of comfort when working in ambiguous situations, with the ability to gather pieces of information and summarize them into meaningful statements and/or instructions
- Ability to make decisions based on experience to plan and accomplish goals.
- Ability to perform a variety of complicated tasks in a very flexible environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including demonstrated ability to build a positive interface with customers.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Engineering, Supply Chain, Operations or related field
- Ability to travel (upto 25%) across the Motion & HRB Plants.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Position may require domestic travel (up to 25%). Must have valid driver’s license and good driving record. Must be able to travel internationally, if required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.