Mold TechnicianApply Job ID REF895L Date posted 04/05/2021 Address 18531 Spring Creek Drive, Tinley Park, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
ITW has become one of the world’s leading diversified manufacturers of specialized industrial equipment, consumables, and related service businesses. ITW’s products and solutions are at work all over the world, in deep-sea oil rigs, aerospace technology, bridges and wind turbines, healthcare, the spaces in which we live and work, the cars we drive, and the mobile devices we rely on. We are never, whether we know it or not, more than a few steps from an innovative ITW solution.
The foundation of our company is the ITW Business Model, a unique and differentiated set of core capabilities and business practices that comprises three key elements: ITW’s 80/20 Front to Back Process, customer-back innovation and a decentralized entrepreneurial culture. Our strategy is to leverage the full potential of the ITW Business Model to generate solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns. ITW is committed to operational excellence and innovation that helps our customers create the products and services that make our lives better.
Injection Mold Technician will be based at our manufacturing facility in Tinley Park, IL. The required shift for this position is 8am - 4pm Monday through Friday. Responsible for all aspects of the injection molding process including, implementing and monitoring process controls, troubleshooting, reducing rework/scrap by analyzing and eliminating root causes, and understanding production capacity.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES: may include some of the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Inspect, clean, finish, and lubricate molds and mold parts. Responsible to stop molding process due to quality concerns.
- Align, assemble, insert, and adjust tubes, cores, fittings, rods, or patterns into molds, using hand tools and depth gauges.
- Load or stack filled molds in ovens, dryers, or curing boxes, or on storage racks or carts.
- Operate and adjust controls of heating equipment to melt material or to cure, dry, or bake filled molds.
- Maintain machines in proper operation: To include verifying set-up parameters of process, as well as condition of machine. Verify all monitors are on and set to proper parameters.
- Trouble shooting of processing problems and defects.
- Use of variety of precision measuring instruments and hand tools.
- Maintains set-up sheets and production records for shift.
- Follow safety rules and keep work areas in a clean and orderly condition.
- Understands proper handling of scrap, disposition, and documentation.
- Communicate production and mechanical issues/defects detected effectively.
- 2 - year Associate degree in Machine Tool or equivalent training program.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in injection molding.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Good mechanical ability.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Shift: Monday - Friday from 8am - 4pm
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.