Mold Technician (Injection Molding)Apply Job ID REF1505Z Date posted 01/20/2021 Address 21555 South Harlem Avenue, Frankfort, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
Founded in 1912, ITW (NYSE: ITW) is a global industrial company built around a differentiated and proprietary business model. The company’s seven industry-leading segments leverage the ITW Business Model to generate solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. ITW’s approximately 45,000 dedicated colleagues around the world thrive in the company’s decentralized, entrepreneurial culture. In 2019, the company achieved revenues of $14.1 billion, with roughly half coming from outside North America.
ITW Deltar Fasteners is a large division within the Automotive Segment and serves all the major OEMs and their tier suppliers with plastic fasteners. Locations include: Frankfort, IL; Chippewa Falls, WI and our Commercial Sales and Engineering in Troy, MI.
The division drives profitability by leveraging its innovative solutions and application engineering. In addition to ITW’s industry leading research and development capabilities, ITW Deltar Fasteners enhances our customers’ competitive advantage by…
- Maintaining advanced engineering and manufacturing facilities in NA.
- Exchanging product, process and benchmarking information with sister units worldwide.
- Continually improving processes, material and designs to ensure every product exceeds customer specifications while providing unparalleled value.
The Mold Technician – Deltar Fasteners will report to the Manufacturing Cell Leader/Supervisor – Deltar Fasteners. The major areas of responsibility for this position are: Safe, accurate and timely execution of job changeovers of injection molding machines and auxiliary equipment. Work to maintain efficient runs of quality parts during production runs.
· Safe, accurate and timely execution of tooling changeovers per work instructions.
· Set up and adjust assembly, auxiliary, and packaging equipment
· Ensure part/material containment measures are implemented
· Troubleshoot molding problems such as flash, short shots, dimensional issues, etc.
· Identify Continuous Improvement opportunities associated within daily duties and overall cell performance
· Responsible for part quality associated to the set up and processing variables
· 5s, housekeeping and continuous improvement of areas of direct responsibilities and beyond.
· Safe usage of hand tools, overhead crane, personal computers, and calipers required.
· Follow safety rules and keep work area and beyond in a clean and orderly condition
· Other tasks and duties as assigned
Position Skills and Experience Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Qualified candidate will possess a good work ethic, be reliable and dedicated to quality.
· Self-starter and self-motivated, with little direct supervision.
· Must enjoy a fast-paced environment - 100% of time spent on your feet
· Mechanically Inclined (hand tools, math, reasoning, 100% hands-on position)
· Ability to lift 55 lbs.
· Computer skills with Microsoft Office is a plus
· Excellent communication skills both written and verbal (English); good visual skills and reasoning ability
· Team player who demonstrates the ability to relate to employees at all levels of the organization
· 3-5 years of Mold Technician experience preferred, not required
· Individuals who demonstrate the above requirements will also be considered even with no experience.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.