Material Handler/Forklift OperatorApply Job ID REF1644G Date posted 02/05/2021 Address 21555 South Harlem Avenue, Frankfort, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE: ITW) is a diversified manufacturing company that delivers specialized expertise, innovative thinking and value-added products to meet critical customer needs in a variety of industries. ITW, with approximately 14.8 billion dollars in global revenues, operates 7 major segments with businesses in 55 countries that employ approximately 48,000 women and men. These talented individuals, many of whom have specialized engineering or scientific expertise, contribute to our global leadership in innovation. We are proud of our broad portfolio of more than 17,000 active patents.
ITW Deltar Fasteners serves all the major OEMs and their tier suppliers with plastic fasteners totaling approximately $280M in revenues. Units include: Frankfort, IL; Chippewa Falls, WI and our Commercial Sales and Engineering in Troy, MI.
The division drives profitability by leveraging its innovative solutions and application engineering. In addition to ITW’s industry leading research and development capabilities, ITW Deltar Fasteners enhance our customers’ competitive advantage by…
- Maintaining advanced engineering and manufacturing facilities in NA.
- Exchanging product, process and benchmarking information with sister units worldwide.
- Continually improving processes, material and designs to ensure every product exceeds customer specifications while providing unparalleled value.
The Material Handler will report to the Manufacturing Cell Leader and will be responsible for work of manufacturing orders, both written and verbal. This position needs to ensure that correct materials, quantities and conditioning are ready for production use when required. This position will need to verify that the central material handling system is operating properly and efficiently.
- Material Conveying and Drying Systems
- Ensure correct Materials to proper presses
- Mixing and blending of raw materials per work instructions
- Cleanout of Hoppers/ Driers
- Troubleshooting of feed/drying systems
- Material preparation for off-shifts
- Maintaining / cleaning / PM of central loading system (filters, general housekeeping)
Disposition of finished goods from production (stage and store for shipping).
Stock materials/supplies in work-centers as directed (cartons, bags, skids, etc)
- Arrange for storage of incoming WIP / Components / Material / Boxes
- 5s, housekeeping and continuous improvement of areas of direct responsibilities and beyond.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned
Position Skills and Experience Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Personal Computer experience
- Ability to read/understand schedules
- Use of calculators
- Hand and Power lift truck operation
- Excellent work and safety record
- 5S and Continuous Improvement identification and implementation
- Ability to lift 55 lbs.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.