Material Handler - 2nd ShiftApply Job ID REF291L Date posted 12/18/2020 Address 21701 South Harlem Avenue, Frankfort, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
ITW is a Fortune Manufacturing Company with Multi-Billion Dollar revenue and fifty thousand employees world-wide. Known for innovation, diversification, and excellent financial performance.
ITW’s products and solutions are at work all over the world, in deep-sea oil rigs, aerospace technology, bridges and wind turbines, healthcare, the spaces in which we live and work, the cars we drive, and the mobile devices we rely on. We are never, whether we know it or not, more than a few steps from an innovative ITW solution.
ITW’s Automotive segment designs and manufactures innovative fasteners, interior and exterior components, and powertrain and braking systems for OEMs and their top-tier suppliers. ITW’s automotive businesses have a high level of customer intimacy, enabling customer-back innovation to address complex needs such as vehicle efficiency, safety, and quality. Deep market knowledge and strong manufacturing process capabilities allow ITW’s automotive businesses to be nimble, niche problem solvers for their sophisticated customers.
The Body and Fuel Division drives profitability by leveraging its innovative solutions and application engineering. In addition to ITW’s industry leading research and development capabilities, ITW Body and Fuel enhances our customers’ competitive advantage. Body and Fuel is a business group within ITW’s Automotive segment with manufacturing locations in North America. Our Body and Fuel products are made up of housings and doors, innovative Capless solutions and charge ports for major OEMs around the world
Ensure proper materials, color changes and support to Setup Technicians is done on regular basis in a timely manner.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Make material / color changes in a timely manner, to include leaving the workstation clean and organized.
• Maintain a proper flow of material to area of responsibility so that operation does not cease for lack of supplies.
• Ensure product is stored and utilized in FIFO mode.
• Perform problem-solving techniques in evaluating material vacuum/drying system problems.
• Move, wrap and label finished product when so directed. Document lot control where required.
• Removes any old labels from gaylords, boxes and totes.
• Maintain proper rotation of raw material/components. Support Set-up Technicians as needed
• Responsible for using pallet walkie to move material to the blending area and placing pallets in the correct order so they properly set up the vacuum area.
• Must clean filters hourly to make sure material is properly flowing at the correct percentage through the blender.
• Report inventory of raw goods to the materials team weekly by doing a physical inventory in the rack area.
• Responsible for the upkeep of the blending machines daily by cleaning out the hoppers to make sure they are ready for next blend.
• High school diploma or GED required
• 1 to 3 year experience in manufacturing environment required
• Must be able to read, write, and communicate verbally with good organizational skills required. Must be detailed orientated.
• Must have basic computer skills Must have a basic knowledge of machine operation and plastic injection molding
• Motivated to grow and develop skills for advancement
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule which includes weekends and overtime
• Must be able to lift 65 lbs.
• Prior Material Hander experience, with use of Forklift and/Hand Jacks a plus
• Must have excellent near vision for accessing functionality of equipment
• Must be able to push, pull, lift, bend, stoop and stand for a full work shift
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.