Manufacturing ManagerApply Job ID REF1818M Date posted 04/05/2021 Address 21701 South Harlem Avenue, Frankfort, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
Why is ITW a great place to work? We think and act like entrepreneurs, we embrace autonomy, make decisions, and take ownership. We are always focused on helping our people reach their full potential. Most importantly, we value our 5 core values that drive our decision making; integrity, respect, trust, shared risk, simplicity. The role of Advanced Manufacturing Engineer has a strong influence on the success of a large manufacturing facility. We are committed to supporting your professional development and long-term career growth. We offer competitive pay and benefits that supplement your life both inside & outside of work. We support your community involvement from financial gifts with our 3-for-1 matching program and volunteering opportunities with our strong partnerships with United Way and David Speer Academy. ITW Automotive Body & Fuel NA manufactures interior components and fuel housings for OEMs and their top-tier suppliers. Are you up to the challenge?
To plan, organize, implement, and control production in an organizational manner to ensure safety, quality, delivery, inventory and costs are met on products that are produced effectively, efficiently, on time, within budget and in compliance with our customer expectations.
• Manage and coach direct reports on all aspects of the operation
• Monitor and review the performance of staff and organize necessary interventions for improvements
• Ensure collaboration and coordination between all functions
• Participate in Safety Meetings and provide recognition to teams on improvements
• Ensure implementation and adherence to 80/20 philosophy standards are followed to provide excellent value and service to the customer
• Implement corrective actions if quality standards are not met
• Implement and enforce quality control and tracking programs to meet quality objectives
• Determine resource requirements
• Implement effective material replenishment systems
• Manage resources to meet production targets
• Implement effective production scheduling practices
• Meet expected Key Process Indicators (KPI’s)
• Identify opportunities and implement continuous improvements to the production processes
• Manage inventory and implement corrective actions for inventory losses
• Compare production costs to work standards
• Establish and manage production budget for labor, headcount, costs, etc.
• Generate and actively participate in cost savings initiatives
• Bachelor’s Degree or minimum of relevant work experience of 5 years’ in production supervisory function required
• 7 years’ experience minimum in manufacturing and production environment preferred
• Experience in manufacturing processes and techniques in quality and delivery systems/standards
• Must be able to coach and motivate staff to higher level of performance
• Must possess a proven track record of driving accountability
• Understanding of finance and management principles
• Must possess excellent organizational skills
• High level of computer skills required (Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, IMES, Trans4M)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
• Critical thinking, decision making, and problem solving required
• Ability to plan, organize, and implement with attention to details
• Strong interpersonal skills, relationship building, engagement with an ability to motivate and influence others
• Must be able to frequently walk and stand through the shift
• Work normally requires a low level of physical effort in bending, stooping, lifting, and manual dexterity
• Computer/telephone use is moderate
• Occasional travel to attend meetings as needed
• Ability to stand for long periods of time is essential, frequent walking
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.