Jr. Mold TechnicianApply Job ID REF3704T Date posted 09/17/2021 Address 21555 South Harlem Avenue, Frankfort, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
Founded in 1912, ITW (NYSE: ITW) is a global industrial company built around a differentiated and proprietary business model. The company’s seven industry-leading segments leverage the ITW Business Model to generate solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. ITW’s approximately 45,000 dedicated colleagues around the world thrive in the company’s decentralized, entrepreneurial culture. In 2019, the company achieved revenues of $14.1 billion, with roughly half coming from outside North America.
ITW Deltar Fasteners is a large division within the Automotive Segment and serves all the major OEMs and their tier suppliers with plastic fasteners. Locations include: Frankfort, IL; Chippewa Falls, WI and our Commercial Sales and Engineering in Troy, MI.
The division drives profitability by leveraging its innovative solutions and application engineering. In addition to ITW’s industry leading research and development capabilities, ITW Deltar Fasteners enhances our customers’ competitive advantage by…
- Maintaining advanced engineering and manufacturing facilities in NA.
- Exchanging product, process and benchmarking information with sister units worldwide.
- Continually improving processes, material and designs to ensure every product exceeds customer specifications while providing unparalleled value.
The Junior Mold Technician will report to the Cell Leader. The successful candidate will complete a comprehensive training program focused on developing the basic skills required to be a mold technician. At the end of the training program the successful candidate should be able to perform the primary responsibilities listed below at a satisfactorily level.
- Installation and removal of molds in the injection molding machine
- Properly clean and maintain molds in the production press
- Sets-up, starts-up, and monitors injection molding machines and related equipment to ensure production of quality parts
- Set up and adjust assembly equipment, auxiliary equipment, and robots to achieve proper assembly, product containment, and product packaging
- Ensure part/material containment measures are implemented
- Identify continuous improvement ideas associated within daily duties and overall cell performance
- Work from prints, specifications, and shop orders
Position Skills and Experience Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representatives of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Proficiency in General Tech responsibilities
- Mechanically inclined individual who is able to use dial/digital calipers, gauges, hand tools, hand/power lift trucks, and overhead cranes
- Team player who demonstrates the ability to relate to employees at all levels of the organization
- Possesses excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated and willing to learn in a fast pace environment
- Ability to follow safety rules and keep work area in a clean and orderly condition
- Ability to lift 55 lbs
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.