General TechnicianApply Job ID REF1557O Date posted 02/20/2021 Address 21555 South Harlem Avenue, Frankfort, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE: ITW) is a diversified manufacturing company that delivers specialized expertise, innovative thinking and value-added products to meet critical customer needs in a variety of industries. ITW, with approximately 14.8 billion dollars in global revenues, operates 7 major segments with businesses in 55 countries that employ approximately 48,000 women and men. These talented individuals, many of whom have specialized engineering or scientific expertise, contribute to our global leadership in innovation. We are proud of our broad portfolio of more than 17,000 active patents.
ITW Deltar Fasteners serves all the major OEMs and their tier suppliers with plastic fasteners totaling approximately $280M in revenues. Units include: Frankfort, IL; Chippewa Falls, WI and our Commercial Sales and Engineering in Troy, MI.
The division drives profitability by leveraging its innovative solutions and application engineering. In addition to ITW’s industry leading research and development capabilities, ITW Deltar Fasteners enhance our customers’ competitive advantage by…
- Maintaining advanced engineering and manufacturing facilities in NA.
- Exchanging product, process and benchmarking information with sister units worldwide.
- Continually improving processes, material and designs to ensure every product exceeds customer specifications while providing unparalleled value.
The General Technician – Deltar Fasteners reports to the Manufacturing Cell Leader/Supervisor. The major areas of responsibility are: Ensuring production and quality demands are met.
*This position will be on a 12 hour rotating shift (6:45 am - 7:00 pm)*
- Perform quality inspections and packaging a group of injection molding machines for a production cell on 12 hour shift – walking/standing/squatting – 98% required
- Operate auxiliary equipment (packaging and assembly)
- Inspect product as per work instructions, report and record findings
- Label and package product in compliance with work instructions and customer requirements
- Other tasks and duties as assigned, may include ladder climbing – 5% required
- 5s, housekeeping and continuous improvement of areas of direct responsibilities and beyond.
Position Skills and Experience Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to lift up to 55 lbs. – 50% required
- Good Housekeeping – 5S
- Ability to read and understand written procedures and instructions
- Solid work record
- Attention to detail, along with good visual skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong communications skills both verbal and written
- Basic computer skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.