Forklift Operator - Part-TimeApply Job ID REF586W Date posted 12/18/2020 Address 21555 South Harlem Avenue, Frankfort, IL Job Type Part-time Job Status Non-Exempt
Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE: ITW) is a diversified manufacturing company that delivers specialized expertise, innovative thinking and value-added products to meet critical customer needs in a variety of industries. ITW, with approximately 14.8 billion dollars in global revenues, operates 7 major segments with businesses in 55 countries that employ approximately 48,000 women and men. These talented individuals, many of whom have specialized engineering or scientific expertise, contribute to our global leadership in innovation. We are proud of our broad portfolio of more than 17,000 active patents.
ITW Deltar Fasteners serves all the major OEMs and their tier suppliers with plastic fasteners totaling approximately $280M in revenues. Units include: Frankfort, IL; Chippewa Falls, WI and our Commercial Sales and Engineering in Troy, MI.
The division drives profitability by leveraging its innovative solutions and application engineering. In addition to ITW’s industry leading research and development capabilities, ITW Deltar Fasteners enhance our customers’ competitive advantage by…
- Maintaining advanced engineering and manufacturing facilities in NA.
- Exchanging product, process and benchmarking information with sister units worldwide.
- Continually improving processes, material and designs to ensure every product exceeds customer specifications while providing unparalleled value.
The Shipping Technician reports to the Shipping Manager and will be responsible to perform duties to receive purchased and incoming products and/or ship finished products to customers. This position is part-time on Saturday and Sunday for 10 hrs.
· Operate stand-up and sit-down forklifts, load and unload trucks as required
· Work and maintain shipping and/or receiving orders and instructions
· Operate Order Pickers
· Pull production product & prepare shipments per customer instructions, address labeling, scan & shrink wrap
· Data Entry: CMI, Excel and Word
· Preparing Bills of Lading
· Assist with year-end physical inventory and tagging
Position Skills and Experience Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· At least one year experience operating a fork truck, hand and/or power lift equipment
· Computer experience in Microsoft Word and Excel
· Ability to keep accurate records
· Proven communication skills, both written and verbal
· Ability to lift up to 55 lbs.
· Ability to wear personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in designated areas
· This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
· Willing and able to travel
· Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
· Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a background check and drug test.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.