Cell Member (Temp-to-Hire)Apply Job ID REF972J Date posted 12/18/2020 Address 21601 South Harlem Avenue, Frankfort, IL Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
ITW has become one of the world’s leading diversified manufacturers of specialized industrial equipment, consumables, and related service businesses. ITW’s products and solutions are at work all over the world, in deep-sea oil rigs, aerospace technology, bridges and wind turbines, healthcare, the spaces in which we live and work, the cars we drive, and the mobile devices we rely on. We are never, whether we know it or not, more than a few steps from an innovative ITW solution.
The foundation of our company is the ITW Business Model, a unique and differentiated set of core capabilities and business practices that comprises three key elements: ITW’s 80/20 Front to Back Process, customer-back innovation and a decentralized entrepreneurial culture. Our strategy is to leverage the full potential of the ITW Business Model to generate solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns. ITW is committed to operational excellence and innovation that helps our customers create the products and services that make our lives better.
Assemble parts and verify quality in manufacturing area to meet customer demand per production schedule.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND COMPETENCIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assembly of parts as specified per job instructions/training.
- Operation of manual, semi-automated, or basic automated assembly machines.
- Housekeeping of cell area and general machine clean-up duties.
- Inspect parts, complete required documentation and report any issues to supervisor. May be required to use measuring devices.
- Print labels using Trans4M and label cartons.
- Maintain lot control system.
- Secure materials for use on assembly machine.
- Move final product to designated area.
- Complete/Assist with assembly machine set-up/changeover (may include some computer operation).
- High school diploma or GED.
- 2 + years’ experience in mechanical, automotive, manufacturing, automation systems preferred.
- Strong mechanical skills and an aptitude for hands-on work.
- Meets productivity, quality and safety goals.
- 12 Hour Shifts (6am - 6pm / 6pm - 6am)
- Rotating 3 and 4 day work weeks
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.