Tig WelderApply Now Submit a Referral Job ID REF9179F Date posted 02/23/2024 Address 4401 Blue Mound Road, Fort Worth, TX Job Type Full-time Job Status Non-Exempt
Founded in 1912, Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE: ITW) is a diversified, Fortune 500 manufacturing company that delivers specialized expertise, innovative thinking and value-added products to meet critical customer needs in a variety of industries. Ranked among Fortune Magazine’s most admired companies, the company focuses on solid growth, improving profitability and strong returns across its worldwide platforms and divisions. These divisions serve customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets.
Performs either spot welding or electrical welding of various parts assemblies as required by production and by shop pack instructions. Checks component parts for proper dimensions and quality. May report parts shortages to supervisor and planning department personnel. Coordinates build with unit line rate, reports any unusual conditions of equipment operation or part variances.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follows all company safety rules and policies.
- Daily inspection of welding PPE, inspect electrical and all gas connection (connectors, gas fitting, cables, hoses, and all water cooling systems) to insure welding machine is still in good condition for safe operation before use.
- Uses electrical welding technique to weld parts of units to include, but not limited to, corner doors, drip pans, S/S tops, frames, and glass door frames.
- Checks specific component for proper dimensions and quality.
- Reads job traveler to determine various parts and assemblies required, and coordinate with appropriate personnel to obtain the correct required components.
- May install/weld various assembled parts according to job traveler or supervisor instructions.
- Rechecks shop pack for correctness.
- Inspects products and processes while performing job duties to ensure all work done meets or exceeds standards of the company’s quality program.
- Works cooperatively and congenially with co-workers to achieve cohesive and productive work processes and work environment.
- Performs additional tasks as assigned by management or as the situation requires.
- Minimum six months experience required in GTAW (TIG welding) or electrical welding techniques.
- Prefer Electrical welders have six months to one year of electrical welding school.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions regarding techniques required for general assembly work.
- Ability to weld thin gauge metals
- Ability to read and understand simple blueprints.
- Ability to use a variety of small hand tools, power tools, and welding equipment.
- Possess basic mechanical aptitude and ability.
- Ability to communicate clearly with other co-workers to coordinate number and type of assemblies required.
Education and Work Experience
High school diploma or GED
Certificates and Licenses
- Welding certification is required
- Attend work regularly and report promptly for duty on the days and at the times scheduled by the supervisor.
- Schedule changes occur and should be handled in a productive manner
- Working temperatures vary with seasonal changes and where climate control is limited. The environment is one in which noise exists.
- Sit on a forklift, stand, and/or walk for a combined minimum of eight (8) hours per day on a concrete surface.
- Lift and carry components, tools, or other items weighing more than 35 pounds. Any item over 35 pounds, is to be done with assistance
- May perform combination of physical movements to reach areas difficult to access including bending, stooping, squatting, reaching, twisting and rotation motions using head/neck, arms, wrists, waist, knees and arms while performing duties.
- Pull and push up to 100 pounds.
- Handle small hand tools, power tools, and welding equipment. Handling may be done unilaterally (one-handed) or bilaterally (two-handed) depending on size and shape of object and task being performed.
- Need corrected vision to be aware of surroundings and location of items needed and perform various other job duties.
- Need corrected hearing to identify conditions in the environment (i.e. forklift horns, fire alarms).
- Need mental alertness to identify, avoid, or resolve safety hazards.
- Ability to communicate with supervisors and co-workers.
- Ability to work in a welding area with welding screens.
- Ability to wear designated personal protective equipment for the work assignment (i.e. welding hood, welding jackets, welding gloves).
Take this opportunity to join a successful and enthusiastic global team where you can make a significant impact immediately. You will enjoy a competitive salary and a generous benefits package that includes health, dental, life, LTD insurance, 401k (with company match), employee assistance, wellness and 100% tuition reimbursement programs. ITW is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Submit a Referral
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Read more information here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.