Manufacturing Engineer IApply Job ID REF1480X Date posted 04/05/2021 Address 4401 Blue Mound Road, Fort Worth, TX Job Type Full-time Job Status Exempt
ILLINOIS TOOL WORKS (ITW)
Since its founding more than 100 years ago, ITW has become one of the world’s leading diversified manufacturers of specialized industrial equipment, consumables, and related service businesses. We place a high premium on the development of innovative solutions–most of which are developed in tandem with our customers. And we continue to ensure that our customers receive timely, cost-effective service for the innovative products we provide.
ITW’s differentiated business model is comprised of a set of unique core capabilities: our proprietary 80/20 business process, customer-focused innovation, and our well-known decentralized entrepreneurial culture. While we own many global businesses, these capabilities are unmistakably ITW—and key to our longevity and strong performance.
About the Traulsen Brand
Traulsen has long been known as the premier name in refrigeration for the foodservice market. That reputation is grounded in a long history of delivering products designed and built to the highest possible standards of performance, quality and durability in the industry.
Over the years, Traulsen has constantly expanded the range of top-of-the-line refrigeration for the worldwide food equipment market, with refrigeration offerings that include reach-ins, roll-ins, undercounters, blast chillers, prep tables, dual temperature units, heated cabinets, merchandisers and specialty applications drawn from customer requests, many of which become part of our mainstream product line. It’s all based on a corporate philosophy that it takes quality to make quality—and quality creates value for the long run
Plans and designs manufacturing processes in a commercial plant. Coordinates the activities in developing manufacturing methodology relative to operation methods, process, work measurement, tooling, material routing, preparation of estimates and other technical phases involved
- Request engineering changes, work with the Engineering Department to release and implement changes
- Lead Kaizen blitz projects - Participates on Teams to integrate technical solutions across multiple disciplines
- Lead Lean Manufacturing projects including In-Lining, MRD, PLS, and 80/20 evaluations
- Write, submit, implement capital requests
- Create, modify, and maintain production floor layouts (AutoCAD/DraftSight)
- Utilize CAD software to develop solid models and mechanical assemblies; and understand the parameters of various fabrication machines which include but are not limited to CNC routers, CNC laser cutters, FDM 3D printers, wire feed welders, and other contemporary fabrication machines (SolidWorks)
- Resolves technical problems of significant impact to performance, cost or schedule
- Coordinates and implements new engineering principles, theories, advanced technologies and concepts
- Validates and ensures production readiness of solutions to complex problems. Implements lean principles and technologies
- Applies Industrial Engineering concepts, techniques, analysis and decision tools under general supervision to promote and assist in implementing changes in manufacturing, engineering and service operations
- Assists in developing models, data bases and spreadsheets to analyze data (e.g., hours per unit, operations research, engineering economics), and provides summary analysis and metrics for consultation to customers (e.g., management, departments, suppliers)
- Assist in research, design, development, improvement and implementation of processes to enhance schedule performance, lower cost, and improve quality, through the application of Lean and other Industrial Engineering concepts for large scale systems integration and asset utilization
- Under general supervision, manages, defines, negotiates, and controls the scope, cost, and timing of projects, and performs risk analysis using project management tools (e.g., engineering changes, creation/moves of production lines, safety projects)
- Provides support to project completion. Utilizes engineering methods to support the development of optimal process designs and efficient utilization of resources (e.g., facilities, personnel, materials, equipment) in the creation and validation of products
- Under general direction, analyzes and designs value stream, including capability, capacity (e.g., make/buy, supplier selection, risk analysis, supplier performance), throughput, work flow and logistics (e.g., critical path, lead-time, transportation, factory layout)
Bachelor's degree in Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering
minimum 1 year of relevant experience
Must be able to:
- Perform activities including bending, stooping, standing, walking
- Stand and walk from four (4) to six (6) hours per day
- Climb up and down stairs four (4) to six (6) times per day
- Operate common office equipment, i.e. PC, phone, copier, printer, fax
- Use various measuring instruments, i.e. tape measure
- Work in office environment and on climate controlled factory
- Travel infrequently, by various means of transportation, including car, train, bus, plane
ITW Food Equipment Group is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are a qualified individual with a Disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please contact 817-740-6747 for information on how to contact us directly.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email email@example.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.