AssemblersApply Job ID REF1143W Date posted 04/05/2021 Address 4401 Blue Mound Road, Fort Worth, TX Job Type Contract Job Status Non-Exempt
Company Overview: Founded in 1912, Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE: ITW) is a diversified, Fortune 500 manufacturing company that delivers specialized expertise, innovative thinking and value-added products to meet critical customer needs in a variety of industries. Ranked among Fortune Magazine’s most admired companies, the company focuses on solid growth, improving profitability and strong returns across its worldwide platforms and divisions. These divisions serve customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets. ITW’s revenues total $14.8 billion in 2018.
- Following all company safety rules and policies.
- Reading shop packet instructions and drawings to determine build requirements of the unit. Checking shop packets for correctness. Reporting incorrect shop packet information or parts shortages to supervision or Engineering.
- Measuring and cutting wire to specified lengths, twists ends. Soldering wires to specified connectors and terminals, using soldering iron, and crimps connectors and terminals to wire ends, using hand tools.
- Bending, cutting, crimping, component leads to prepare component for mounting into wiring harness. Testing wire assemblies and repairing defective assemblies.
- Ordering parts required for assembly. Referring to instructions to determine materials needed and sequence of assembly. Assembles parts to conform with shop pack instructions.
- Maintaining and operating spot-welding machine.
- Setting up and operating the punch machine for hinges and lockkeeper for all models.
- Assembling hinges and brackets onto various unit doors. Assembling gaskets into doors.
- Assembling metal components according to blueprints, engineering specs and work order/bill of material parts list for complex products.
- Performing visual inspection of production, and using polishing tools, polishes welds on door corners, frames, drawers, and other location to a smooth finish.
- Installing industrial and commercial refrigerating system components into refrigerator cabinets according to blueprints and engineering specifications, using knowledge of refrigeration, structural layout and function and design of components.
- Drilling holes and installing mounting brackets and hangers into refrigerator cabinets according to blueprints and engineering specifications.
- Replacing or adjusting defective or worn parts to repair systems.
- Setting up units, doors, and drawers for foaming process.
- Applying appropriate cleaning solutions as required to clean production assemblies and subassemblies.
- Cleaning interior and exterior sides of units and attaching UL data plate. Signing off shop pack verifying this portion of the final finishing of unit is accurately completed.
- Attaching skids to unit.
- Inspecting products and processes while performing job duties to ensure all work done meets or exceeds standards of the company’s quality program.
- Performing visual inspections of units to detect abnormalities or flaws.
- Ensuring proper documents are all in accordance with unit to be shipped.
- May select materials for packaging and check serial tag on unit to ensure all are in accordance with shop pack instructions.
- May cut, bend and braze specified tubing to inlets and outlets of components to form liquid and suction lines of refrigeration system.
- May install expansion and control valves using acetylene torch and wrenches. Adjusts valves according to specifications.
- May start system, observe operation, read gauges and instruments, and adjust mechanisms, such as valves, controls and pumps. May test lines, components and connections for leaks with leak detection equipment.
- May be required to transport various parts items or refrigeration model units from one location of the production facility to another upon request of co-workers or supervisors.
- May be required to assist in crating finished units prior to movement to shipping department. If assisting in crating duties, responsible for matching shipping labels to the correct unit, checking serial tag number to that listed in the shop pack and ensuring that proper packaging is used.
- Working cooperatively and congenially with co-workers to achieve cohesive and productive work processes and work environment.
- Performing additional tasks as assigned by management or as the situation requires.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions regarding procedures required for installation or assembly of components.
- Capable of using a variety of small hand tools, power tools, and to read a tape measure.
- Possess basic mechanical aptitude and ability.
- Ability to read and understand part requirements and to obtain correct parts for installation on specific units.
- Ability to assemble various component parts by reading and following diagrams of production units.
- May be required to have knowledge of and ability to use wiring test machines.
- May require experience with electrical, mechanical and pneumatic testing equipment.
- May require experience with advanced wiring techniques including cutting, splicing, hypot, and wiring testing.
- May require forklift operations license and six months experience
- May be required to measure, cut, and assemble various wires by reading and following diagrams for production units.
- May be required to read and understand production and delivery schedules.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
- Attend work regularly and report promptly for duty on the days and at the times scheduled by the supervisor.
- Stand and walk up to a minimum of eight (8) hours per day on a concrete surface and or an elevated metal platform although may be able to perform some duties from a sitting position. Schedule may vary based on production needs.
- May perform combination of physical movements to reach areas difficult to access including bending, stooping, squatting, reaching, twisting and rotation motions using head/neck, arms, wrists, waist, knees and arms while performing duties.
- Lift and carry components, tools, or other items weighing no more than 50 pounds. Any component, tool, or item weighing more than 50 pounds, must be done with assistance.
- Pull and push up to 100 pounds.
- Handle small hand tools, power tools, and unit components. Handling may be done unilaterally (one-handed) or bilaterally (two-handed) depending on size and shape of object and task being performed.
- Constant use of fingers in order to perform assembly and installation duties as required.
- Must have corrected vision to be aware of surroundings and location of items needed and perform various other job duties.
- Must have corrected hearing to listen to needs and advice of supervisors and co-workers and listen to the environment to be aware of surroundings.
- Must be capable of communicating verbally with supervisors and co-workers.
- Must be mentally alert and capable of remembering faces, names, oral instructions and details.
- Must be able to tolerate environmental conditions of plant which involves temperatures that may vary with seasonal changes and in which noise exists.
- Must be alert and able to identify a safety hazard, should one occur, in order to avoid it and to report it immediately to the appropriate person or, if directed, by taking corrective measures to eliminate the hazard.
- Must be able to react to changes in schedules in a productive manner and to handle other tasks as required by management.
- Must be able to tolerate wearing of designated personal protective equipment for the work assignment (i.e safety glasses, cut-resistant gloves, dust masks).
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want personalized job recommendations based on your interests?
Sign up for alerts to get started!
At ITW, we value our colleagues' unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this online application system process due to your disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.